free Mac 25

A forum for discussing topics relating to older MacGregor/Venture sailboats.

Moderators: Catigale, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

nedmiller
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

free Mac 25

Post by nedmiller » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:38 am

Saw this in the Kansas City Craigslist and thought someone might need parts: I have no relationship to ad.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/1766522170.html

Old MacGreggor 25
nothing but hull -. Many parts have been cut out.
no trailer
you remove it. Accessible when not wet out. -now
Price- free
361-422-9248

ChockFullOnuts22
First Officer
Sailboat: Venture 2-22

Re: free Mac 25

Post by ChockFullOnuts22 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:07 am

Sounds to me like this boat has already been gutted for everything valuable. Has anyone called on this to find out what's still there?

Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:46 pm

How about

Accepting bids of 500 USD to remove my garbage??

LOUIS B HOLUB
Admiral

Post by LOUIS B HOLUB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Catigale wrote:How about

As a "professional" dumpster diver I prolly wuld take some of it...if nothing 'stank, collected flies, or looked gooey. :D
Got any rope, stainless parts, used tools, etc. in there ?

On second thought, never mind...the Admiral, as usual, says "NO"

Later, maybe :wink:

K9Kampers
Admiral

Post by K9Kampers » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:05 pm

LOUIS B HOLUB wrote:
Catigale wrote:How about

As a "professional" dumpster diver I prolly wuld take some of it...if nothing 'stank, collected flies, or looked gooey. :D
Got any rope, stainless parts, used tools, etc. in there ?

On second thought, never mind...the Admiral, as usual, says "NO"

Later, maybe :wink:
Louis-
As a fellow dumpster diver, I'll go halvsies witchya... Race ya to the carcass!
We jus don't tell the Admirals - 'k? Else I'll be sleepin' out in the barn with my salvaged metals cache!! :wink:

technicalman
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Post by technicalman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 pm

I'd like to take it and place it into the ground somewhere like it's floating on the dirt and fill the inside with soil and make it and grow flowers out of all openings. It would make a nice flower pot. Look cool! :D

LOUIS B HOLUB
Admiral

Post by LOUIS B HOLUB » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 am

technicalman wrote:I'd like to take it and place it into the ground somewhere like it's floating on the dirt and fill the inside with soil and make it and grow flowers out of all openings. It would make a nice flower pot. Look cool! :D
Absolutely !
I've seen some very creative ideas with old boats decorating upscale seafood restaurants, front decoractions for coastal RV Parks, etc, etc.

One mans trash, is another's collectable art. That's the way I see it too. I have a collected pile of outboard props & a buncha used anchors, and some heavy ship docking-rope, etc., etc., and one of these days...It'll be an awesome scenic piece of Yard Art. (Of course the Admiral doesnt know it yet)
:D
Its nice living in the rural country...neighbors dont care what's piled up or stored in the barn -- if it doesnt explode or stink :wink:

technicalman
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Post by technicalman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 am

Definately start it out as a covert operation. Don't tell the Admiral until she has the "need to know". It's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. :)
LOUIS B HOLUB wrote:
technicalman wrote:I'd like to take it and place it into the ground somewhere like it's floating on the dirt and fill the inside with soil and make it and grow flowers out of all openings. It would make a nice flower pot. Look cool! :D
One mans trash, is another's collectable art. That's the way I see it too. I have a collected pile of outboard props & a buncha used anchors, and some heavy ship docking-rope, etc., etc., and one of these days...It'll be an awesome scenic piece of Yard Art. (Of course the Admiral doesnt know it yet)
:D
Its nice living in the rural country...neighbors dont care what's piled up or stored in the barn -- if it doesnt explode or stink :wink:

Bill Reichert
Deckhand
Sailboat: Venture 25

Post by Bill Reichert » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:14 am

For all the dumster divers out there, go to West Quincy Mo. There is a river barge that was turned into a restaurant after the flood of 93. As far as I know, the price should be cheap unless you want to move it.