Venture 222 Trailer Vin#???

A forum for discussing topics relating to older MacGregor/Venture sailboats.
Wingnut1956
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: Venture 17

Venture 222 Trailer Vin#???

Post by Wingnut1956 »

I recently bought a V222 for $200.00 and really enjoyed it this past summer, my Daughter's inheritance well spent!

However, I live in Missouri and we are required by law to register any and all property, including boat trailers. The boat and trailer came from Kansas, a scant 12 miles west across the KCMO/KCK Metroplex, and Kansas does not require boat trailers to be titled.

I have a Bill of sale but it is useless for registering the boat because it doesn't have a Vin# on it. I have searched all over this trailer trying to find a vin# but have failed to find one. The boat was built in 1971 and the trailer looks like all the pics I've seen of these boats when they were built. (FYI, ten years prior to Federal Law mandating the use of a standardized VIN.)

Can anyone tell me if these boat trailers were issued with a vin# and if so, where the heck is it???

Thanks for your help.
bobflshmn
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Venture 222 Trailer Vin#???

Post by bobflshmn »

Check with your local highway patrol. In Ca I have purchase trailers without vins. They verified there was no identifying marks and applied one for me. Not sure if my home state of Missouri will do the same.
Wingnut1956
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: Venture 17

Post by Wingnut1956 »

Thanks for the response, going through the State Highway Dept is my next step. :?
LoHo
Chief Steward
Sailboat: Venture 2-22

Post by LoHo »

You might Google the trailer manufacturer; it might show a location where they traditionally mark their trailers. My experience has been stamped plate riveted on, or numbers punched into the trailer itself.