And so it begins!

A forum for discussing topics relating to older MacGregor/Venture sailboats.
FuzzyBadger
Sailboat: I'm Shopping

And so it begins!

Post by FuzzyBadger »

Today I take possession of a 1990 26d.
To say I’m excited would be an understatement.
Boat is in great shape, new 9.8 Tahatsu, double axel aluminum trailer with E/H brakes and tons of extras. I’m buying from a great guy who is willing to share his extensive sailing knowledge and answer my many questions. Thank you Captain Jerry for being an honorable man and such a pleasure to do business with. I’m feeling very lucky.
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: And so it begins!

Post by NiceAft »

Well Fuzzy,

Welcome aboard as an owner :!:

Where will you be doing the majority of your sailing :?:
Ray ~~_/)~~
Jimmyt
Admiral

Post by Jimmyt »

Congratulations! Sounds like a great buy and a good experience to boot!
Jimmyt
P-Cub-Boo
2013 26M, Etec 60, roller Genoa, roller main
Cruising Waters: Mobile Bay, Western Shore, Fowl River
FuzzyBadger

Post by FuzzyBadger »

We live on the Hudson River across from lock 2 of the Champlain Canal with a very nice launch ramp across the river near lock 1. It’s about a 6 mile drive. So, the first few launches will be there. But, the River isn’t conducive to sailing until you get downstream a ways. Perhaps around Kingston, NY. But, we will be motoring up and downstream, going through the locks and taking in the sights. Perhaps one day make it to Lake Champlain and even trailer it to Florida to escape our dreadfully long winters.
Other close alternatives are nearby lakes. I.e. Lake George, The Great Sacandaga Lake and other smaller lakes. We are newbies so lots to learn and take it slow.
We would like to meet other Sailors in our area.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Fuzzy,

We have been spending two weeks every year, for the last 40 years on Lake George. If COVID-19 doesn’t stop us again this summer, we may be able to meet.
Ray ~~_/)~~
FuzzyBadger

Post by FuzzyBadger »

That would be great! Do you stay at a marina or anchor in a bay?
Freedom77
First Officer
Sailboat: Venture 25

Post by Freedom77 »

WELCOME ABOARD TO THE LEGION OF THE DAMNED!! :evil: Seriously, congrats. I've been sailing for 50 years. Freedom turned 44 this year on January 1st. She's still in pretty good shape. Pity slip locked sailors. We have taken Freedom as far south as Ensenada, Mexico and as far North as British Columbia. Used to drop anchor for a week at time on Catalina and Santa Cruz Islands. Harbor hopped all over California. Keep us up to date on your adventures.
OLD SALT
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

FuzzyBadger wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:31 am That would be great! Do you stay at a marina or anchor in a bay?
Neither :D The place (Bonnie View Resort) we have been staying at had cabins, and a dock; we stayed in a cabin. the :macm: was then accessible for us at any time.

The Bonnie View was sold this year to someone who is going to make a private family compound. We will be staying at another place this year (many friends from Bonnie View days will be there also). What we don't have is a place to slip, anchor, or moor Nice Aft. We are working on that. In the meanwhile, that doesn't stop us from meeting up with other Mac people. Wherever we travel in this world, we have always tried to meet other owners of a Roger MacGregor built boat.
Ray ~~_/)~~
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

Fuzzy,

:idea: You need to change your sailboat listing from "I'm shopping", to 26D. :)
Ray ~~_/)~~
OverEasy
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by OverEasy »

Hi Fuzzy!

Congratulations on being the new owners of a Mac26D!!!
How was your first year?

We are also newbie owners but of a Mac26X since October of 2020!
We LOVE 💗 our Mac26X!
We’ve had a few trips and travels so far including a 70 night stay onboard on Lake Champlain!
One of these days we’d like to do the Hudson River to Lake Champlain and also to the Erie Canal.
We’d love to hear how things are going!

This is a great forum with a lot of great contributors with practical advice.

Best Regards
Over Easy 😎😎🐩🐈