BWY Customer Service

A forum for discussing issues relating to trailers and towing MacGregor sailboats.
fishheadbarandgrill
Captain
Sailboat: Other

BWY Customer Service

Post by fishheadbarandgrill »

Kudos to Todd and Ezra at Blue Water Yachts. I'm doing a hub and brake overhaul on my aluminum trailer before I trailer 3 days to Syracuse for my Erie Canal/Lake Champlain trip. Todd made sure I was getting all I needed and Ezra is getting the parts here in time to complete the overhaul. Thanks a bunch gents!

Bob
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Re: BWY Customer Service

Post by kmclemore »

Yes, they consistently get high marks for service - so glad we have them as one of our key Mac parts vendors.

BTW, how far are you going up Lake Champlain? We have a cottage there on the lake and may be there part of the summer.... Perhaps arrange a visit?
fishheadbarandgrill
Captain
Sailboat: Other

Post by fishheadbarandgrill »

Our plan is to go as far as Burlington. Spend a few days there then heading back down.
EZ
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by EZ »

I am currently trying to get my lifeline setup with a pelican hook through BWY. This is starboard side hook that is sold as a part of their quick rigging kite. It allows you to lower the starboard lifeline so the shrouds will clear when you move the mast before/after trailering.

I have been working with Ezra, and I have found his service to be "ok". Not really bad, but not really that great either. I sent him my lifeline to get the hook swaged on. I called him on a sat and asked if he could get it back to me in a week. He said no problem. I called on the following Thursday, Cheryle answered, said he would call me back, he didn't. Called on Friday and he said he didn't send it yet b/c another item on my invoice was backordered. He said he would overnight it and split the shipping cost with me since he lagged on his follow through (ok, splitting the shipping was pretty good cust service).

Here I am, Sat afternoon at 5:45pm and no lifeline with pelican hook. Not sure what is going on here. Kind of frustrating/annoying.
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

Companies pretty much live or die by the quality of their service, I would hope that after two mess ups they would pay for the postage and provide the part free of charge for your inconvenience.

Everyone knows things happen and something may go not to plan, its what they do to rectify the problem that becomes important and keeping the customer informed, a simple phone call so your not waiting home all day for something that isnt coming goes a long way and lets the customer know that you are on the ball
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

fishheadbarandgrill wrote:Our plan is to go as far as Burlington. Spend a few days there then heading back down.
Ah. Well, we're a bit higher up... near Rouse's Point, about 5 miles from Canada!
Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale »

fishheadbarandgrill wrote:Kudos to Todd and Ezra at Blue Water Yachts. I'm doing a hub and brake overhaul on my aluminum trailer before I trailer 3 days to Syracuse for my Erie Canal/Lake Champlain trip. Todd made sure I was getting all I needed and Ezra is getting the parts here in time to complete the overhaul. Thanks a bunch gents!

Bob
I'm in Albany area of course, I'll PM private coordinates in case you have any problems.

Keep that speed down in NY...it isn't FL! 70 mph max on I90 and I 87
Chinook
Admiral

Post by Chinook »

Hi Kevin,

Hope you're up at your cottage when we pass by next summer. It would be great to meet up with you.

Cheers, Mike
kmclemore
Site Admin

Post by kmclemore »

Chinook wrote:Hi Kevin,

Hope you're up at your cottage when we pass by next summer. It would be great to meet up with you.

Cheers, Mike
Well, PM me or email me when you're coming 'round and I'll see if we can make it work. Jana and I are spending more and more time there as time goes on, so, maybe so!

Cheers,
Kevin
Cougar
Engineer

Post by Cougar »

I am very, very happy with BWY's service. I needed a pair of baby stays for my homebrew mast raising pole. Shipping costs to Europe are rather high, so when I had to be in Las Vegas, NV for work last April, Ezra agreed to have the parts sent to my hotel. They even arranged a guaranteed delivery date. That's what I call service! :)
When I got home I found a note that airport security had openend my luggage. Guess they were curious about the stainless steel trip wires seen in the scanner. :D