Easter Sailing anyone?

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
sunshinecoasting
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia - "Entropy" Nissan 50 CDI Furling Jib

Easter Sailing anyone?

Post by sunshinecoasting »

Forever an optomist, I am confident the weather will improve and I am planning my first sailing in our new :macx: at Easter out of Mooloolaba, she is due to arrive in Australia next week so I will have two weeks to prepare her for launching.

Is anyone else planning to be on the water around Mooloolaba at Easter?? What about you Flash? Time you got that :macm: of yours wet I think. :wink:

If anyone is in the mood for a good laugh then come and watch us do our first launch and set up, should be good for many a belly laugh, I may even back the 4WD in to the river, you never know. :o :? BYO Chairs and beer.

Cheers, Dennis.
FLASH

Re: Easter Sailing anyone?

Post by FLASH »

Hi Dennis,
Working towards a date. Whether the weather allows is another thing. Weather has also slowed my progress installing the toilet and additional trailer mods., but getting there. Give me a call, would like to come down with chair and beer though.
jimbo
Engineer
Sailboat: Other

Re: Easter Sailing anyone?

Post by jimbo »

I, Edge of Reason and the admiral will be pottering around the Gippsland lakes over Easter. I may even have the genoa working properly this time. I have been through the first launch over labour day weekend just gone. The quick release on the nose did not work but otherwise all went ok. Yes I double checked. Hand brake on and in park :) but then I piked and launched from Raymond island and not the more public Paynesville ramps.