Been away for a while - back on deck again.

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
Clemo
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Been away for a while - back on deck again.

Post by Clemo »

Hi, All,

Getting back into my 26X again, and looking forward to it.

My original steel trailer rusted out to the point where I didn't trust it, so Horizons has been sitting in the trailer park.

I have still been sailing with B.B.S.C. and Sailability right through. Sailability sail 3mtr Hansa dinghies and we have an S80 which we seriously want to race.

The thing is that I can launch, sail and retrieve Horizons by my self. Can't do that with the S80 swinging on her mooring.

Ben Savage in Frankston Vic just built me a new aluminium tandem axle - S/S Disks, torsion bars, S/S hardware, etc. Had it home since Thursday and my Nissan has blown its radiator so still looking forward to seeing the girl on the trailer. Perhaps Wednesday, if the radiator is here in time.

I'm still in Batemans Bay, N.S.W. South Coast. If anyone is passing by please give me a call.

I will post pics of my trailer, later. For now though, very very impressed with Ben Savage's work and attention to detail.

Looking forward to seeing if any of the old salts are still around.

Tlk Soon,
C ya, on the water.
Clemo
Engineer

Re: Been away for a while - back on deck again.

Post by Clemo »

Andrew, I got an email quoting your P.M. to me. Happy to discuss via p.m. but don't want to post negotiated price on the forum.
I'm still very happy with my new trailer. Already think a Magnum 8.5 in our trailer park is getting a quote.

I can't find your contact details anywhere.

Can you post a reply here and I will contact you.

Tlk soon,
C ya.
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Clemo,

Welcome back.

Please get on the water quickly, so we who are in the snowy, cold, northeastern U.S., can sail vicariously through you.

Ray
Clemo
Engineer

Post by Clemo »

Tks, Ray.

Sorry, but nothing we can do 'bout your weather.

We sail year round here.

We tell the season by the wild life. Autumn (your Fall), whales going north, Spring, whales goin' south, Winter, seals 'n penguins and summer........ tourists all over the boat ramp.

C ya.