Your Moderator is coming to Australia in June/July...

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Rick62
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Your Moderator is coming to Australia in June/July...

Post by Rick62 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:29 am

Hey Dennis, nice photos.Looks like a great day. :) I hope they all had a wonderful time out on your Mac. I'm sure you both would have picked up a few pointers.
Well I took notice on what you sent about just going down and picking up my boat and that's what I did over the weekend. I left Gympie after work and headed down to Paynesville Victoria and by Sunday evening (yesterday) I was back after travelling close to 4000 kms. Fortunately no issues all went very smooth.
I have the boat currently at Watsons Marine here in Gympie and getting them to do an inspection and service on the motor. I bought a 2006 Hyundai Terracan turbo diesel in an auto as a tow vehicle and it was faultless on the journey. Can't recommend this vehicle highly enough. Not sure if I will get to launch it this weekend but will let you know when I do. :P
Cheers.

kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Re: Your Moderator is coming to Australia in June/July...

Post by kmclemore » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:03 am

We did indeed have a great time with Dennis, Rick. Sorry to have not met you as well while we were in Mooloolaba, though.