Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

sirlandsalot
Engineer
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:50 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Kimberley, BC, Canada

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by sirlandsalot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:40 pm

Ya, I am attempting to switch to apple, and the learning curve is frustrating at times!

User avatar
Oskar 26M
First Officer
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:04 am
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Perth Australia, 2007 26M, 60hp E-tec

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by Oskar 26M » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:53 am

Just tried to add a few places Oskar has visited along the West coast of Oz (from a Windows7 PC)
Seemed to work okay, but nothing showed up when I accessed to map via the direct link in this thread :( .
On edit:
The following brief message flashes up as the map is loaded:
"This feature is not supported in the new Google Maps, so we've temporarily switched you to classic Google Maps. Learn more Dismiss"
I have not not been able to get the 'Learn more' link to work before the message disappears. :cry:

User avatar
dlandersson
Admiral
Posts: 3463
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Chicago metro, USA

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Maps

Post by dlandersson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:11 am

Morbidly interesting. There are a LOT of Mac owners who have not listed themselves. 8)

User avatar
TaZ-n-Izzy
Chief Steward
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:34 pm
Sailboat: Venture 23
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by TaZ-n-Izzy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:37 pm

I WILL TRY TO FIX PLACES I LOVE TO VISIT HERE IN PUERTO RICO... SO IF YOU ARE AROUND LET ME KNOW TO SPOT YOU A NICE PLACE

User avatar
Tomfoolery
Admiral
Posts: 5208
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 am
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Rochester, NY '99X BF50 'Tomfoolery'

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by Tomfoolery » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:08 pm

TaZ-n-Izzy wrote:I WILL TRY TO FIX PLACES I LOVE TO VISIT HERE IN PUERTO RICO... SO IF YOU ARE AROUND LET ME KNOW TO SPOT YOU A NICE PLACE
Where abouts are you in Puerto Rico? If you don't mind saying, of course.

User avatar
TaZ-n-Izzy
Chief Steward
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:34 pm
Sailboat: Venture 23
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by TaZ-n-Izzy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:
TaZ-n-Izzy wrote:I WILL TRY TO FIX PLACES I LOVE TO VISIT HERE IN PUERTO RICO... SO IF YOU ARE AROUND LET ME KNOW TO SPOT YOU A NICE PLACE
Where abouts are you in Puerto Rico? If you don't mind saying, of course.
We live in the island, Toa Alta...

this is our playground :wink:

Image

there are a ramp's, lakes and coast line to visit around here that are very impresive!

User avatar
Tomfoolery
Admiral
Posts: 5208
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 am
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Rochester, NY '99X BF50 'Tomfoolery'

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by Tomfoolery » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:01 pm

TaZ-n-Izzy wrote:
Tomfoolery wrote:
TaZ-n-Izzy wrote:I WILL TRY TO FIX PLACES I LOVE TO VISIT HERE IN PUERTO RICO... SO IF YOU ARE AROUND LET ME KNOW TO SPOT YOU A NICE PLACE
Where abouts are you in Puerto Rico? If you don't mind saying, of course.
We live in the island, Toa Alta...

this is our playground :wink:

Image

there are a ramp's, lakes and coast line to visit around here that are very impresive!
I only asked because I know where just about every outdoor dock and city shot in the movie Captain Ron was shot, and was just curious if you were near any of them. Since about half those scenes were shot in Old San Juan, I'd say you're pretty close. :D

But it's a loooong way from Rochester, NY to San Juan, PR, especially by Mac X, so I don't think I'll be boating there any time soon, much as I'd like to visit the place. :cry:

User avatar
TaZ-n-Izzy
Chief Steward
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:34 pm
Sailboat: Venture 23
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by TaZ-n-Izzy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Tomfoolery wrote: I only asked because I know where just about every outdoor dock and city shot in the movie Captain Ron was shot, and was just curious if you were near any of them. Since about half those scenes were shot in Old San Juan, I'd say you're pretty close. :D
Yeah!!! im very very close! every thing its really close in here... we are just 100x35 miles :wink:
Tomfoolery wrote: But it's a loooong way from Rochester, NY to San Juan, PR, especially by Mac X, so I don't think I'll be boating there any time soon, much as I'd like to visit the place. :cry:
who knows maybe one day you do a barefoot charter and re-visit all those places!!!

dont worry i will post lots of pictures now im seaworthy 8)

User avatar
kmclemore
Site Admin
Posts: 5594
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:24 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by kmclemore » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Please Note:

There's a discussion - "Where are you on the Google Trailer Sailor Map?" - that relates to this thread and should also be visited if you're interested in locating yourself or others on the map, or if you're interested in more information about the map.

http://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/v ... =4&t=12417

User avatar
TIMBOAT2
Chief Steward
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:54 pm
Sailboat: Venture 25
Location: Sparks, NV

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by TIMBOAT2 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:21 pm

Just updated from the V21 to the V25. Could not find "Venture" icon. Please?
T.

Post Reply