Oakville Easter Seals Regatta for non-racers -14 July 2018

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
FishyFabs
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Oakville Easter Seals Regatta for non-racers -14 July 2018

Post by FishyFabs »

I am not a racer and do not belong to a club or have numbers on my sails. But last year I entered the cruising class of this regatta. What a fun event which includes breakfast, racing followed by food and beer and wine! All for a good cause!

I was the only Macgregor in in the cruising class and I finished all three races and came third! I even received some sort of racing flag during the prize giving which I will fly this year. The organises were very patient and explained the rules to me many times...I am sure I broke all of them and nobody cared.

I was disappointed to be the only Macgregor on the water as there are many in the Toronto Oakville area. Many Macgregor owners did not know about it so I thought I should post this on the site.

Please help me spread the word here and let us get some good Macgregor representation out there for this good cause.......I am in no way or shape involved with this event so please visit their site....http://www.easterseals.org/oakville-eas ... s-regatta/

To spice things up....I will offer to buy a trophy and give it to the first Macgregor that crosses the finish line on Race 3...but I need to warn you...I have a white hull so she is super fast!

Who is in?
beene
Site Admin

Re: Oakville Easter Seals Regatta for non-racers -14 July 20

Post by beene »

Sounds interesting

Might be able to do that

John and Leon might be flying in from away in July also

See if I can get any interest from the Mac sailors in know of

Cheers

G
FishyFabs
Chief Steward

Post by FishyFabs »

Great!

I have also let a few other Mac owners at the Bronte marina know about this. Looking forward to some Mac on Mac racing action!
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

beene wrote:Sounds interesting

Might be able to do that

John and Leon might be flying in from away in July also

See if I can get any interest from the Mac sailors in know of

Cheers

G
yep I,ll b around but might b with family on the 14th , but might b able to go on the 15th & 16th with Geoff & Rocky

J 8)
FishyFabs
Chief Steward

Post by FishyFabs »

So who can I expect to see in Oakville on Saturday? Please look out for me, bald overweight middle aged guy hanging with his sister.

Here are the registration details:

Boats can register ONLINE, http://www.easterseals.org/oakville-eas ... s-regatta/

select “Register as a Racer”,
Or in person, REGISTER and/or CHECK IN
Friday, July 13 at BHYC or OYS, from 1800 to 1930 hrs
2.1 Check In and Late Registration
Saturday July 14, at Oakville Power Boat Club , from 0900 to 1000 hrs