origo 4300 alcohol / elect stove.

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
1st Sail
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

origo 4300 alcohol / elect stove.

Post by 1st Sail »

I messed up and purchased a new Origo 4300 alcohol/electric stove. There was also a 120v stove posted at the same time but like an idiot I purchased the 220v in error. Both were clearly posted. I could sell off the parts for more than I paid and still be ahead. Then I had an epiphany, why not run the 220v burners @120 on shore power or the Honda 2200 gen set. The burners read 45.8Ω which draw 2.4A each. I still have the btu needed to boil with the alcohol but now I have an electric heater for fall and spring aka. electric version of using the Wallace stove top to take the chill of the cabin. No open flame. I can use one of the cabin fans to move air across the burners. IIRC the older Wallace stoves used the burner plate to get the same results. I believe Chinook used his Wallace stove as a cabin heater via the the cook top plate. With both burners generating approx. 600+ watts. Good for chilly days not cold days at best.

Thoughts?