26x 12 Volt panel fuse holders..

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
John McDonough
First Officer

26x 12 Volt panel fuse holders..

Post by John McDonough »

I have a 2000 26x, with a Macgregor stock ultra cheap 12 volt electric panel, with those little red fuse-holders. I tried to take out a fuse by using a small scredriver to release the interior dlip and it broke the clip, every fuse I attempted to take out broke.

Does anyone know where I can get those red fuse holders..?

I recommemd everyone with those type of fuse holders get a few spares, It is apparent they get brittle and break after a few years.

I order my kids or crew to hold the fuses in with thier fingers, but after about 2 minutes they threaten Mutiny.
Chip Hindes
Admiral

Re: 26x 12 Volt panel fuse holders..

Post by Chip Hindes »

Sea-Dog made the fuse panel for my '01X, I assume they made yours as well. I've had my boat since new, replaced numerous blown fuses, and have never broken one yet. The price is so right that I even bought a second, identical panel, installed it next to the original, and now have 12 positions.

Sea-Dog is alive and well and you ought to be able to get the parts you need by contacting them directly; or they sell through Defender. Call them as they advertize they will get anything from their suppliers you need even though not listed in the catalog. You can also get a whole replacement panel from Defender for $29, or if you really hate the fuses you can splurge, and for $15 more you can get an identically sized replacement panel which has DC circuit breakers rather than fuses. I intend to go with these circuit breaker panels when I redo the wiring on my new boat.
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: 26x 12 Volt panel fuse holders..

Post by Russ »

I've been wondering how to take out one of those fuses. I'm glad I didn't pry it out. Seems like a cheap design. I wish they were normal screw in types.

http://www.sea-dog.com/422010.html