Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

J.Teixeira
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: ARIANE - Europe - Portugal - Douro Valey - Dehler 24 - Bass Fishing

Pics of the year 1

Post by J.Teixeira » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi.

I was absent for some time so here is a resume of what I was doing this last mounts...

Merry Chistmas

Jose

RussMT
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Pics of the year 1

Post by RussMT » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Merry Christmas

How did you ever get this picture. Amazing!

Québec 1
Admiral

Post by Québec 1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Joyeux Noel, and what fine pictures. I'm still drinking your wine !
Q1

robbarnes1965
Captain
Location: (BYC)Montreal, Qc Macgregor 26m-2007 "Miss Coco" - after my daughter, 50hp Honda

Post by robbarnes1965 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Nice pics!

Here is a link to our summer trip doing the triangle: Montreal-Ottawa-Kingston-Montreal. About 325 miles. My photography skills are not nearly as good as yours however.

Rob

J.Teixeira
First Officer

Post by J.Teixeira » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi Russ

Picture is in the Douro River Gorges Northern Portugal

Quebec

Quite a stock you must have there ... :wink: 8) :evil:

Rob

No link... :(

Cheers

Jose

http://arianeoveleiro.blogspot.com

baygal621

Post by baygal621 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:04 am

Hey robbarnes1965

Would love to see the pics of the triangle trip from Montreal..love that area and anxious to complete the triangle

Dangerdog
Just Enlisted

Post by Dangerdog » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:57 am

thanks for the new screen saver!!!

(only 5k left to pay off my truck and i get to start hunting me a Mac!!)

c130king
Admiral

Post by c130king » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 am

The year is almost over. I had a fantastic sailing year. Moved König out to Mayo, Maryland this season to sail in the Chesapeake. And it was great sailing...with many new Macgregor friends.

But the highlight...for me...for 2011 was the two big trips I took. Trailered down to Jacksonville, FL for the Jax Mac Get-Together 2011 with 12 other Macgregors over the long Labor Day Weekend. Fantastic sailing in the St. Johns River, the ICW, and the Atlantic Ocean. Here is a great pic of the Atlantic Sailing taken by Ben McGovern...nothing but thousands of miles of ocean over our right shoulders.

And then over the first weekend in October I trailered down to Beaufort, North Carolina for the NCSail Pirate Fest 2011 with 25 other boats including 11 Macs. More great Atlantic sailing out to the Cape Lookout "bigh". Great campfire and cookout on the beach. Here is a nice pic of König high and dry pointing out into the bight and at the Cape Lookout Lighthouse waiting for the tide to come back in.

Two GREAT trips. Lots of GREAT new friends. Nothing like sailing with a bunch of other Macs. Lots more great pics and info from these two trips on my webpage.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!!!

Cheers,
Jim
Sailing on König
Sailing on König YouTube Channel

J.Teixeira
First Officer

Post by J.Teixeira » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:25 pm

This Year I almost only did only this.

From this...

To this...

A New Home for Ariane

Good 2012...

Jose

robbarnes1965
Captain
Location: (BYC)Montreal, Qc Macgregor 26m-2007 "Miss Coco" - after my daughter, 50hp Honda

Post by robbarnes1965 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize that I forgot the link to the Rideau trip: http://ndgskate.blogspot.com/2011/09/mo ... gston.html

My apologies for all the goofy vacation pics :) The trip was great. I really recommend it.

We were lucky enough to have a friend transport the mast and boom to the Kingston yacht club for us where we set it up. I recommend the same direction for the trip. It's nice coming down the St-Lawrence river seaway with the current and wind at your back. It's not worth trying to sail up the Ottawa river much beyond Rigaud as it gets narrow and you are fighting a current. Having the mast aboared would be a pain unless you can raise it a few feet. The stock trailoring bracket and roller for the mast are way too low for all the docking and lock maneuvers you will have to do. There are lots of little towns and places for gas and provisions. Sailing through downtown Ottawa is pretty cool. We picked up some relatives at the first set of 8 locks near the parliament buildings and stayed the night a Dow's Lake In downtown Ottawa. There are restaurants and bars right on the water there (don't expect to sleep early) and fireworks at night. The pace on the canal is relaxed. We cruise at 6 kts. Many of the power boat guys take off when the locks open at top speed only to be us at the next lock. No use rushing.

Rob

Dimitri-2000X-Tampa
Admiral
Location: Tampa, Florida 2000 Mercury BigFoot 50HP 4-Stroke on 26X hull# 3575.B000

Post by Dimitri-2000X-Tampa » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 am

Nice pics. But hard to beat the beautiful water color of Florida Bay near South Key Largo where I got to go cruising for New Years....

mdeane
Engineer

Post by mdeane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 pm

robbarnes1965 wrote:Sorry, I didn't realize that I forgot the link to the Rideau trip: http://ndgskate.blogspot.com/2011/09/mo ... gston.html

My apologies for all the goofy vacation pics :) The trip was great. I really recommend it.

We were lucky enough to have a friend transport the mast and boom to the Kingston yacht club for us where we set it up. I recommend the same direction for the trip. It's nice coming down the St-Lawrence river seaway with the current and wind at your back. It's not worth trying to sail up the Ottawa river much beyond Rigaud as it gets narrow and you are fighting a current. Having the mast aboared would be a pain unless you can raise it a few feet. The stock trailoring bracket and roller for the mast are way too low for all the docking and lock maneuvers you will have to do. There are lots of little towns and places for gas and provisions. Sailing through downtown Ottawa is pretty cool. We picked up some relatives at the first set of 8 locks near the parliament buildings and stayed the night a Dow's Lake In downtown Ottawa. There are restaurants and bars right on the water there (don't expect to sleep early) and fireworks at night. The pace on the canal is relaxed. We cruise at 6 kts. Many of the power boat guys take off when the locks open at top speed only to be us at the next lock. No use rushing.

Rob
Thanks for posting your Rideau trip pictures. They sure do bring back a lot of good old memories. It looks like you and your family had a great time.

Marc