Met my first Mac on this trip

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

ris
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Met my first Mac on this trip

Post by ris » Tue May 03, 2016 3:40 pm

We are in Elizabeth City NC. Coming back from the nice museum in town we see a Mac 3 boats down from our boat. Chinook told me there was another Mac doing the loop to watch out for him. He started the loop in Texas and his name is Lee. He has a M. After he gets settled in we are going over to see him. Just kind of exciting to see another Mac on the free slips in North Carolina.

mrron_tx
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Met my first Mac on this trip

Post by mrron_tx » Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 pm

ris wrote:We are in Elizabeth City NC. Coming back from the nice museum in town we see a Mac 3 boats down from our boat. Chinook told me there was another Mac doing the loop to watch out for him. He started the loop in Texas and his name is Lee. He has a M. After he gets settled in we are going over to see him. Just kind of exciting to see another Mac on the free slips in North Carolina.
How cool is that :D Ron.

Erik Hardtle
First Officer

Post by Erik Hardtle » Tue May 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Hey ris,
I am in New Bern, NC... do a search for ncsail on facebook and join up... and would love to see you all for the Pirate Sail! http://www.enctrader.com/ncsail

Herschel
Captain

Post by Herschel » Wed May 04, 2016 7:58 am

ris, are you on the Activecaptain.com email list? Apparently the originator of activecaptain is just ahead of you in North Carolina. Here is an excerpt from his email this morning (5/4/16): "We had an interesting experience while traveling north this week. After crossing the Albermarle Sound in North Carolina and entering the rivers south of Coinjock, we found significant charting differences between two navigation systems. One of them had charts that were only a year out of date. The other had been updated just before we left for the Bahamas in January." If not, would you like me to forward his whole email by PM? :?