Another New 26X Owner

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Floater
Just Enlisted
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:11 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Jacksonville, NC

Another New 26X Owner

Post by Floater » Wed May 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Howdy!

I recently purchased a 1997 :macx: , and decided to join this fine forum, after a couple years of lurking. I had a :mac19: for a little over a year, and always looked on here for good ideas on where to put holes in my boat. I'm in Jacksonville, NC, and I'm enjoying the extra space on board for the wife, kids, and whoever else we're taking out on the water that day. I look forward to the many projects and sailing days ahead!

User avatar
kmclemore
Site Admin
Posts: 5594
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:24 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by kmclemore » Wed May 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Floater wrote:Howdy!

I recently purchased a 1997 :macx: , and decided to join this fine forum, after a couple years of lurking. I had a :mac19: for a little over a year, and always looked on here for good ideas on where to put holes in my boat. I'm in Jacksonville, NC, and I'm enjoying the extra space on board for the wife, kids, and whoever else we're taking out on the water that day. I look forward to the many projects and sailing days ahead!

Welcome!

We're looking forward to the pizza.

User avatar
sailboatmike
Admiral
Posts: 1599
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:17 am
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Australia

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by sailboatmike » Wed May 11, 2016 11:10 pm

You wont know yourself in a X after a 19, it would be like moving into a mansion.

User avatar
Gazmn
Admiral
Posts: 1056
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:22 am
Location: Bayside, NY '97X, E-tec 115 Pontoon, The "Ollie Gray" & '01 Chevy Tahoe W/ Tow Pkg

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by Gazmn » Thu May 12, 2016 10:45 am

Welcome. Pepperoni on mine please :wink:

Floater
Just Enlisted
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:11 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Jacksonville, NC

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by Floater » Thu May 12, 2016 7:25 pm

We keep getting more children and the original ones are taking up more space, so the move to the 26 is nice. We took it to see the Blue Angels a couple weeks ago, and having the extra space made for a nice evening.

Also, we had pizza last night, where were you guys?

User avatar
simplesailer
Just Enlisted
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:56 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Edmonton , AB CANADA

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by simplesailer » Thu May 12, 2016 7:53 pm

congrats on your new 26 :macx: . i am a newbie as well. One thing for certain around here is they sure love the pizza! :)

cheers!
SS

User avatar
dlandersson
Admiral
Posts: 3467
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Chicago metro, USA

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by dlandersson » Fri May 13, 2016 5:08 am

Extra cheese, please :)
simplesailer wrote:congrats on your new 26 :macx: . i am a newbie as well. One thing for certain around here is they sure love the pizza! :)

cheers!
SS

User avatar
Herschel
Captain
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:22 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Orlando, Florida
Contact:

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by Herschel » Fri May 13, 2016 8:41 am

I'm in Jacksonville, NC
Welcome aboard! 8) I have enjoyed my 98 X for 13 years now. I think you will find it a very accommodating and flexible boat to have and use. Based on your previous experience, you may find a bit of a learning curve both in her sailing characteristics and in keeping the various systems functioning optimally. I have really found this forum helpful with both challenges. Initially, I did find having checklists for various evolutions helpful so vital steps didn't get overlooked (e.g., making sure rudders are raised before pulling boat up ramp, ballast tank intake valve closed before sailing). Given the Jacksonville, NC location is "Semper Fi" in order? :wink:

DaveC426913
Admiral
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 am
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Toronto Canada
Contact:

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by DaveC426913 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Welcome!

Floater
Just Enlisted
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:11 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Jacksonville, NC

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by Floater » Fri May 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Herschel wrote:
I'm in Jacksonville, NC
Welcome aboard! 8) I have enjoyed my 98 X for 13 years now. I think you will find it a very accommodating and flexible boat to have and use. Based on your previous experience, you may find a bit of a learning curve both in her sailing characteristics and in keeping the various systems functioning optimally. I have really found this forum helpful with both challenges. Initially, I did find having checklists for various evolutions helpful so vital steps didn't get overlooked (e.g., making sure rudders are raised before pulling boat up ramp, ballast tank intake valve closed before sailing). Given the Jacksonville, NC location is "Semper Fi" in order? :wink:
Ha, yes. I am not sure if there is such thing as a Jacksonville native; everyone here is a Marine. Most of the duty stations are next to an ocean or the gulf, so sailing is a nice hobby.

User avatar
Herschel
Captain
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:22 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Orlando, Florida
Contact:

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by Herschel » Fri May 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Ha, yes. I am not sure if there is such thing as a Jacksonville native; everyone here is a Marine
Yes, I am a retired U.S. Navy Medical Service Corps officer. Did three years with the 4th Med BN in the reserves. Had some "adventures" aboard Camp Lejeune. :wink: Sadly, I am at the age and weight where my pizza has to be "thin N' Crispy" with mostly vegies! :P I know you will enjoy the 26X. 8)

User avatar
Obelix
Captain
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:20 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Port Richey, FL, 26M 2008 "New Love" - 60hp E-Tec

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by Obelix » Fri May 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Welcome to this forum, it helped me a lot when I started. :)

Obelix

JotaErre
Chief Steward
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Spain

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by JotaErre » Fri May 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll enjoy your :macx:

81venture
Captain
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:59 am
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Wake Forest, NC

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by 81venture » Tue May 17, 2016 8:48 am

Welcome

I live in Wake Forest NC.... I have a boat lift and a ton of spare parts so if you need anything, or want to hoist the boat to do the bottom let me know

Extra Cheese pepperoni
and Beer

Cheers!
Dave

User avatar
Catigale
Site Admin
Posts: 10363
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:59 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17
Contact:

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by Catigale » Tue May 17, 2016 9:07 am

Welcome Floater (gulp!)

Pineapple, bacon, spinach, and onion

Post Reply