Another New 26X Owner

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Floater
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by Floater » Tue May 17, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. Dave, I will probably end up messaging you at some point as I transform the good boat I bought into the great boat I want it to be. The previous owner had good ideas on functionality, but the end results were not the most polished.

Thanks again!

Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale » Sun May 29, 2016 6:20 am

Just post a picture of your gate hasp so we can see if you belong here....

Ixneigh
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Ixneigh » Sun May 29, 2016 8:49 am

FrakenMods, oh no!

Erik Hardtle
First Officer

Post by Erik Hardtle » Sun May 29, 2016 5:33 pm

Greetings Floater!
I live in New Bern, NC! Check out my website for more info
http://www.enctrader.com/knotshore.htm
Also look up NCSail Members on Facebook to pair up with other sailors here on the east coast of NC.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Capt Erik, Admiral Jean, First Mate Christina & Swabbie Nicole
1999 MacGregor 26X, "KnotShore"
New Bern, NC

Floater
Just Enlisted

Post by Floater » Mon May 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Erik, I've seen your boat on craigslist and have often showed it to my wife to show her the boat's potential. I haven't been to New Bern yet, but my wife has, and she loves it. We went to Beaufort, NC this past weekend for a day sail. It was fun to pull up to the docks there and eat at a restaurant. Afterwards, we sailed, saw wild horses on Shackleford Banks, and pulled the kids in a tube. Sunny, 80 degrees, and a nice breeze made for the perfect day on the water with family. Good luck selling your boat (though I'm not sure why you would do a thing like that).

Steven

Bilgemaster
First Officer
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia--"Breakin' Wind" 2001 26X, Honda BF50A 50hp engine

Post by Bilgemaster » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:58 am

Floater wrote:(...snip!) Good luck selling your boat (though I'm not sure why you would do a thing like that).

Steven
My hunch is that you must have gotten a "larger canvas" to work with, right? In any event, I hope that even after you sell Knot Shore you'll keep that superb website up and running as a guide for others as to how a 26X could look with a bit of work. Great job with that site, by the way, and thanks also for that font that makes it really pop. Well, I'm off to pore over the rest of your postings...

dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:05 am

Just went and looked. Nice web site. 8)
Bilgemaster wrote:
Floater wrote:(...snip!) Good luck selling your boat (though I'm not sure why you would do a thing like that).

Steven
My hunch is that you must have gotten a "larger canvas" to work with, right? In any event, I hope that even after you sell Knot Shore you'll keep that superb website up and running as a guide for others as to how a 26X could look with a bit of work. Great job with that site, by the way, and thanks also for that font that makes it really pop. Well, I'm off to pore over the rest of your postings...