26M sink faucet

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Obelix
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

26M sink faucet

Post by Obelix »

I need to replace my faucet in my 2008 26M
Has anybody any positive or negative experience (i.e. leaking or not holding prime) with the replacement sold by BWY?

Thank you for your opinions

Obelix
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: 26M sink faucet

Post by NiceAft »

Do you have any other choices?

I’m not trying to be a smart aleck, but if there are no other choices, what choice do you have. If there are other choices, what are they?

The item shown looks to function just like original factory equipment. A simple hand pump.

BWY has a reputation of being pretty reliable with what they sell. Not perfect, but P.D.G. :D

Ray

P.S. Here are two that West Marine sells. They are not cheap. :o
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/fynspray ... P000178360?
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/whale-pu ... cordNum=13
Y.B.Normal
First Officer

Post by Y.B.Normal »

This is basicly an RV sink pump; check your local RV parts outlet.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Y.B.Normal wrote:This is basicly an RV sink pump; check your local RV parts outlet.
Great idea.
yukonbob
Admiral
Sailboat: Other

Post by yukonbob »

RV replacement pump aprox $40 cnd or Whale gusher pump $100. Whale is nicer with more flow, smoother etc but it’s up to you as to whether it’s worth twice the price
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Gezz Guy,s
I can,t remember when I used mine last I usually just have a 2 gal jug of water on the counter ! :P

J 8)
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

Highlander wrote:Gezz Guy,s
I can,t remember when I used mine last I usually just have a 2 gal jug of water on the counter ! :P

J 8)
Some of us have converted our counter tops. I can still use the cutting board as a counter, but would prefer not placing a 16.6lb (7.5Kg) weight on it. Under the sink is a fine location for the 5 gallon container. In these photos I have not yet hooked up the OEM hand pump faucet.

Ray
eodjedi
Engineer

Post by eodjedi »

I use the Jabsco faucet. I bought an ATV Sprayer for about $50. Came with a pump, then I bought the faucet separately from ebay for about $30.00. Normally the faucet comes with a pump which bumps the price up to $130.00 but you can find the faucet separately for much less. Here are some links.

https://www.amazon.com/Ironton-ATV-Spot ... on+sprayer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jabsco-Par-Gal ... JP&vxp=mtr

I installed the tank in the bow after I pulled out some floatation foam. Not too worried about losing flotation as the tank is sealed and provides a separate amount of floatation. (empty of course). The Jabsco faucet turns the pump on and off. If you were to use a regular faucet, once the Ironton pump is pressurized, it shuts off automatically. So it gives you two different options for how you want to do your plumbing, a pressured system or on/off pumping.
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Ray Quote
Some of us have converted our counter tops. I can still use the cutting board as a counter, but would prefer not placing a 16.6lb (7.5Kg) weight on it. Under the sink is a fine location for the 5 gallon container. In these photos I have not yet hooked up the OEM hand pump faucet.

Ray
5 gallons R U Bathing in ur sink ! is that why u had to get a bigger one ? :D :D :D :D

J :P
PS nice work when r u coming over to do mine Eh! :)
March
Captain

Post by March »

Shurflow electric faucet--but you need to get a pump, too. I believe it's worth it
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

Highlander wrote:Ray Quote

Ray
5 gallons R U Bathing in ur sink ! is that why u had to get a bigger one ? :D :D :D :D

J :P
PS nice work when r u coming over to do mine Eh! :)
It’s actually a smaller sink. It’s a bar sink. I bet that gets your attention John :D

I got the idea (and some detailed info.) from fellow board member, RIS.

Ray
BOAT
Admiral

Post by BOAT »

I really like the Whales Pumps Flipper faucet - that one looks cool:

Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

I have trouble pumping and washing my hands at the same time. The OEM faucet never primed properly.

I put in a pressure pump and cheap bar sink/faucet. I know, you waste more water, but not if you turn it down to a slow flow.
BOAT
Admiral

Post by BOAT »

RussMT wrote:I have trouble pumping and washing my hands at the same time. The OEM faucet never primed properly.

I put in a pressure pump and cheap bar sink/faucet. I know, you waste more water, but not if you turn it down to a slow flow.
Would it help to put a foot switch on the electric pump? Or something that would turn the water on and off with your elbow or knee or something? :?

I think I could rig up something like that if you think it would help. ?
kurz
Admiral

Post by kurz »

I installed an electric pump that stops when the pressure rises.
And a faucet that switches off the pump when turned off.

Yes you use mor water. I allready bought a switch to turn on with the knee but didnt installed yet. Too lazy.
If water consumption is a problem evetually I would put 1 liter in a botle an then rins my hands...