old Mac 26X thread I am unable to find

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: kmclemore, NiceAft, Hamin' X, Catigale, beene

tonto
Just Enlisted

old Mac 26X thread I am unable to find

Post by tonto » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:51 pm

So years ago there was a thread (I think on this website, but i'm not certain - I'm asking on another site too) from a user who was enthralled with the MacGregor 26X and did a comparison between them and I think the 26M.  This guy practically wrote an entire Treatise on it, using various math formulas, etc, proving the superiority of the 26X (in his eyes) over the M

Does anyone here remember that thread, and where I may find it?  It was several posts in length.

Please and thank you.

USMC Retired Guns
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: old Mac 26X thread I am unable to find

Post by USMC Retired Guns » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:30 pm

That would be the Infamous, or Famous, Mr. Frank Mighetto, depending on who Views and Interprets his many Self Authoritative Missives! Without a Doubt, he IS a Die Hard Mac Fan, like myself, but has been ridiculed to no end, on Internet Forums such as Sailing Anarchy https://sailinganarchy.com/

That being said, his Website does have many Gems, that are useful, and Entertaining reading! I actually know someone who sees him Regularly, as they are in the Same Yacht Club, in Washington State! That person was my Marine Recruit, when I was a USMC Drill Instructor out in San Diego, way back in 1982, and by his Testimony, Frank, and his wife, are very nice folks! He might stretch the Limits of what he feels our Macs can actually do, but he takes criticisms, better than anyone I know on the Internet! Good information does abound on his site, and every Mac Owner, or even Sailors can benefit, by his Wisdom, and Whimsical Annals! Enjoy!

https://www.eskimo.com/~mighetto/murrelet/Wordpress/

tonto
Just Enlisted

Post by tonto » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:41 pm

USMC Retired Guns wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:30 pm
That would be the Infamous, or Famous, Mr. Frank Mighetto,
You are amazing! Thank you :)

jimhobiemac2x

Post by jimhobiemac2x » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Definitely interesting. Perhaps up with with the legend of Zenos Arrow. Im a lurker and finally poster (spam folder getting my confirmation emails for the longest time) will make an intro post soon. :macx:

Chinook
Admiral

Post by Chinook » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:35 pm

We used to see Frank and his wife at the annual BWY rendezvous. Great guy, and his 26X was a great looking boat, very distinctive and lovely with its teal green bimini and dodger. Frank was the first Mac owner I heard of who sailed his Mac around Cape Scott at the northwest tip of Vancouver Island. He inspired me to go around the island last summer, and I thought of him when rounding Cape Scott. He used to keep his boat moored at Olympia, but I don't know if he still sails her.

Be Free
Chief Steward

Post by Be Free » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 am

USMC Retired Guns wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:30 pm
That would be the Infamous, or Famous, Mr. Frank Mighetto, depending on who Views and Interprets his many Self Authoritative Missives! Without a Doubt, he IS a Die Hard Mac Fan, like myself, but has been ridiculed to no end, on Internet Forums such as Sailing Anarchy https://sailinganarchy.com/
I read everything Frank wrote when I was researching my purchase. I thought I wanted an :macm: but his strong advocacy for the :macx: got me to look at it more closely. He was not the only reason I chose the older model, but he was instrumental in getting me to look at it more favorably.

Newell
First Officer

Post by Newell » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:27 pm

I recently had an online discussion with Migetto about racing the X. He has a phrf of 240 for his X but he hasn't raced his boat lately, I gather. 240 is not good news, I told him so. Found a X rated at 273 in N. Carolina which rating I'm trying out in San Diego come November and New Orleans in March.

I guess we are both diehard X fans. :macx: :|
Newell
Fast Sunday 96X Windancer 89D