Attention All MacGregor 25, 26D & 26 Owners!

A forum for discussion of how to rig and tune your boat or kicker to achieve the best sailing performance.
Terry
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Attention All MacGregor 25, 26D & 26 Owners!

Post by Terry »

So I had a look at your new sail site and had great difficulty reading the lines on the right hand side of the first page. The white letters are blurred out by white rectangular bars over each title/link,you have to get your face right onthe screen to make out what it says. Anyway looks like you covered every sail for every model. I also have browsed your regular site and see that I could spend a fair bit of coin if I had it to spare, perhaps over the next few years.
I already have your Musclehead but I may be looking for a spinnaker this spring. I see you have a C200 cruising spinnaker in red, white & blue but no picture of it, just pictures from the brochure. Do the colors mean that it will look like the national flag, or will the design make it look different. I am not sure your export market wants to fly your national flag or any flag as a spinnaker. The one in the pics has red, blue & yellow and looks ok as does the factory one with blue green & white. I'd like to see what your C2000 spinnaker looks like before deciding to purchase it. Can you add a pic to your new site?
Duane Dunn, Allegro
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Bellevue, Wa '96 26x, Tohatsu 90 TLDI and Plug In Hybrid Electric drive

Post by Duane Dunn, Allegro »

Actually the site looks great on my screen. The text is perfectly clear and easily readable. No white bars on mine, it's fine in Firefox 3.5.7, Chrome 4.0 and IE 8. I see just a brighter white text as you mouse over and an underline in all three browsers.
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

Art, I got it to fail as well.

I tried it in IE v7.0.5730.11 and Firefox v3.5.7 and it's fine.

But in IE v6.0.2900.5512 (SP3) the right menu is unusable - the white boxes described earlier cover the menu choices and the only way to uncover the selections is to highlight the column. Once uncovered, however, you can click on them and the site is navigable.

Having said that, your 'Sailvision' site has even more serious IE v6 incompatibilities... there, the right pane "Thanks for visiting Sail Vision!..." is not visible at all, but the left menu is... makes the site entirely unusable in IE6, since nothing you select with the left menu is visible in the right pane.

IEv6 was standard on all Windows XP depolys, and there's still loads of them about, so I'd have your developer make sure he's backward compatible... not everyone will have upgraded their PC's to the later browsers.
Duane Dunn, Allegro
Admiral
Location: Bellevue, Wa '96 26x, Tohatsu 90 TLDI and Plug In Hybrid Electric drive

But everyone should keep current on their browsers. Anyone still using IE 6 is exposed to some serious attack vectors, I don't think Microsoft is even patching it anymore it is so old.
Uncle Jim
Engineer
Sailboat: Venture 25

Post by Uncle Jim »

kmclemore wrote:Art, I got it to fail as well.

I tried it in IE v7.0.5730.11 and Firefox v3.5.7 and it's fine.

But in IE v6.0.2900.5512 (SP3) the right menu is unusable - the white boxes described earlier cover the menu choices and the only way to uncover the selections is to highlight the column. Once uncovered, however, you can click on them and the site is navigable.

Having said that, your 'Sailvision' site has even more serious IE v6 incompatibilities... there, the right pane "Thanks for visiting Sail Vision!..." is not visible at all, but the left menu is... makes the site entirely unusable in IE6, since nothing you select with the left menu is visible in the right pane.

IEv6 was standard on all Windows XP depolys, and there's still loads of them about, so I'd have your developer make sure he's backward compatible... not everyone will have upgraded their PC's to the later browsers.
IE 6 is not fully compatable with CSS style sheets, lots of bugs. If someone hasn't move to ver 7 or above or are not using a more stable platform they deserve to have problems. Broswers are FREE. CSS alows faster page downloads by cutting out the redundant downloading of graphics and commands. Don't shoot the designer becausing he's trying to make the site better for the customers.
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

Yea.. if you are using IE6 you seriously need to upgrade or change to something better like Firefox or Chrome.

IE is totally unusable. I've kept up with IE8 and I'm a faithful MS user..but sorry Microsoft, this is unusable.

--Russ
Currie
Captain
Location: Michigan ---- '04 26M "Take Five" 50HP Suzuki efi 4-stroke

Post by Currie »

Art,

Ditto on the request for actual pictures of sails on your site. :-) At least an example of each series.

Cheers,
~Bob
Hamin' X
Site Admin
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Post by Hamin' X »

See previous post for descriptions:

The order may be different than the description, but this is in the order that I received them. Art may clarify.

~Rich
Hamin' X
Site Admin
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Post by Hamin' X »

Art's Cheering Section:

Duane Dunn, Allegro
Admiral

Just a note for those still using IE 6. As of today Google dropped support for it on Monday. You tube is dropping it on March 13th. You better get your house in order and upgrade to one of the modern browsers, it's not 2001 anymore.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/03/04/ie6. ... l?hpt=Sbin
The Mutt
Captain
Location: Springwood, NSW, devinetemptations.com/macgregor26x.htm

Post by The Mutt »

What, no Macgregor half hull :|
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Hi Art

Was wondering how much for a Mac26M Storm Jib Sail fitted with a 1/8" luff wire to fit a Harken #435 furling system !!

J