Photos and/or diagrams of Mac 22 Rigging???

A forum for discussing topics relating to older MacGregor/Venture sailboats.
BearF1
Sailboat: MacGregor 22

Photos and/or diagrams of Mac 22 Rigging???

Post by BearF1 »

Good morning to all. This is my first post, just got signed in/registered late last night. Got held up for a week with COPPA (?) catch 22......long story.

I have just bought my first Sailboat, and first MacGregor, a 1985 Mac 22. I am in Canada, and found this boat a hundred km or so away from where I live. It was in great condition, so far as I can determine, but the rigging is in pieces, and so I am not certain that all parts are with me, and it seems to rig differently to the Tanzer 22 that I took lessons on earlier this summer.

I have a copy of the original Owner's Instructions, but not much by way of diagrams, or explanations of the rigging. Might any of you have photos and any other useful information that would help me get the boat into the water, the mast up (need to know more about how it sits in the stamped steel bracket-- and what sorts of bolts and washers, and anything to rest it on, and how to ground the mast to the water), and other details of the rigging. How best to install anchor blocks near the bow, how to inspect and maintain the keel-- it is up when on the trailer, but when off the trailer it is underwater..... , and so many other things to learn. Is there supposed to be some sort of Cap for the top of the mast, or is it simply open and "unfinished"?

Needless to say, I am excited at the prospect, but have some trepidations......

Thanks to all, and I look forward to your responses, and many future chats.

Cheers, Barry
chefmike
Deckhand
Sailboat: Venture 2-24

Re: Photos and/or diagrams of Mac 22 Rigging???

Post by chefmike »

BearF1

Post by BearF1 »

Thank you ChefMike, I've just had time for a brief look, but those photos look like a great start for me.

Much obliged.
cub21rak
Deckhand

Post by cub21rak »

ChefMike, id also like to thank you for the photos!
i have my first sail boat and have to replace all the lines by myself. those pics are going to help greatly!
ryan
chefmike
Deckhand
Sailboat: Venture 2-24

Post by chefmike »

I found that link on Sumner's website when I got my 222. They were quite helpful to me so I pass them on. I kept a log aand photo journal of the restoration and need to take some pics of the final product.