Another New 26X Owner

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Floater
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Another New 26X Owner

Post by Floater »

Howdy!

I recently purchased a 1997 :macx: , and decided to join this fine forum, after a couple years of lurking. I had a :mac19: for a little over a year, and always looked on here for good ideas on where to put holes in my boat. I'm in Jacksonville, NC, and I'm enjoying the extra space on board for the wife, kids, and whoever else we're taking out on the water that day. I look forward to the many projects and sailing days ahead!
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Re: Another New 26X Owner

Post by kmclemore »

Floater wrote:Howdy!

I recently purchased a 1997 :macx: , and decided to join this fine forum, after a couple years of lurking. I had a :mac19: for a little over a year, and always looked on here for good ideas on where to put holes in my boat. I'm in Jacksonville, NC, and I'm enjoying the extra space on board for the wife, kids, and whoever else we're taking out on the water that day. I look forward to the many projects and sailing days ahead!

Welcome!

We're looking forward to the pizza.
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

You wont know yourself in a X after a 19, it would be like moving into a mansion.
Gazmn
Admiral
Location: Bayside, NY '97X, E-tec 115 Pontoon, The "Ollie Gray" & '01 Chevy Tahoe W/ Tow Pkg; AL 2X Trlr.

Post by Gazmn »

Welcome. Pepperoni on mine please :wink:
Floater
Just Enlisted

Post by Floater »

We keep getting more children and the original ones are taking up more space, so the move to the 26 is nice. We took it to see the Blue Angels a couple weeks ago, and having the extra space made for a nice evening.

Also, we had pizza last night, where were you guys?
simplesailer
Just Enlisted

Post by simplesailer »

congrats on your new 26 :macx: . i am a newbie as well. One thing for certain around here is they sure love the pizza! :)

cheers!
SS
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

Extra cheese, please :)
simplesailer wrote:congrats on your new 26 :macx: . i am a newbie as well. One thing for certain around here is they sure love the pizza! :)

cheers!
SS
Herschel
Admiral

Post by Herschel »

I'm in Jacksonville, NC
Welcome aboard! 8) I have enjoyed my 98 X for 13 years now. I think you will find it a very accommodating and flexible boat to have and use. Based on your previous experience, you may find a bit of a learning curve both in her sailing characteristics and in keeping the various systems functioning optimally. I have really found this forum helpful with both challenges. Initially, I did find having checklists for various evolutions helpful so vital steps didn't get overlooked (e.g., making sure rudders are raised before pulling boat up ramp, ballast tank intake valve closed before sailing). Given the Jacksonville, NC location is "Semper Fi" in order? :wink:
DaveC426913
Admiral

Post by DaveC426913 »

Welcome!
Floater
Just Enlisted

Post by Floater »

Herschel wrote:
I'm in Jacksonville, NC
Welcome aboard! 8) I have enjoyed my 98 X for 13 years now. I think you will find it a very accommodating and flexible boat to have and use. Based on your previous experience, you may find a bit of a learning curve both in her sailing characteristics and in keeping the various systems functioning optimally. I have really found this forum helpful with both challenges. Initially, I did find having checklists for various evolutions helpful so vital steps didn't get overlooked (e.g., making sure rudders are raised before pulling boat up ramp, ballast tank intake valve closed before sailing). Given the Jacksonville, NC location is "Semper Fi" in order? :wink:
Ha, yes. I am not sure if there is such thing as a Jacksonville native; everyone here is a Marine. Most of the duty stations are next to an ocean or the gulf, so sailing is a nice hobby.
Herschel
Admiral

Post by Herschel »

Ha, yes. I am not sure if there is such thing as a Jacksonville native; everyone here is a Marine
Yes, I am a retired U.S. Navy Medical Service Corps officer. Did three years with the 4th Med BN in the reserves. Had some "adventures" aboard Camp Lejeune. :wink: Sadly, I am at the age and weight where my pizza has to be "thin N' Crispy" with mostly vegies! :P I know you will enjoy the 26X. 8)
Obelix
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Obelix »

Welcome to this forum, it helped me a lot when I started. :)

Obelix
JotaErre
Engineer

Post by JotaErre »

Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll enjoy your :macx:
81venture
Captain

Post by 81venture »

Welcome

I live in Wake Forest NC.... I have a boat lift and a ton of spare parts so if you need anything, or want to hoist the boat to do the bottom let me know

Extra Cheese pepperoni
and Beer

Cheers!
Dave
Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale »

Welcome Floater (gulp!)

Pineapple, bacon, spinach, and onion