Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2016

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Crikey
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2016

Post by Crikey »

All seems quiet on the lake Simcoe plan. Que pasa?

R & G
Tomfoolery
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: MMOR 2016

Post by Tomfoolery »

No lo sé.
dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer »

I know the plan is to do Lagoon City on Lake Simcoe I believe in mid August I think...I'm meeting up with Geoff and John tonight so we'll have to post an update. It'll be nice seeing you again Ross and Gabe it's been awhile...Tom how's the outboard doing?

Rocky
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

dreamer wrote:...Tom how's the outboard doing?
It's running fine, thank you very much. As to the water coming out of the drain holes, since they're under water when I run it (in the Lake, of course), I don't know if it's still coming out there, but it's not overheating, the pee stream is, well, peeing, and it's pushing the boat along, so I'm calling it good and going sailing. Right now, in fact. 8)

See ya. :wink: :D
Crikey
Admiral
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey »

I'll be good to join in again this year. I was getting a little anxious about the calendar slipping by and the Admiral getting on my case re: the summer holiday's arrangements. A few mods to report soon, not to mention (Tom) a huge revelation today in finally pulling my lower end for a similar impeller replacement! Pics very soon...
Good on yer Rocky! Glad to see someone's on the ball.... :wink:

R.
dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer »

We're looking at Aug 15-22 maybe longer if weather cooperates.
beene
Site Admin

Re: 2016 Ontario MacGregor Sailors Rendezvous

Post by beene »

Hi All

As Rocky metnioned

The dates are August 15-22 ++

Hope you can make it

Lagoon City Ontario

https://www.google.ca/search?q=lagoon+c ... 80&bih=631

http://www.pridemarinegroup.com/pride-l ... agoon-city

Lagoon City
150 Laguna Pkwy
Brechin, ON L0K 1B0
P: Toll Free PMG Customer Care: 800.991.3006. Direct to Lagoon City: 705.996.0989
F: 800.983.7009

Hours
Customer Service & Sales

Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey »

Yesss!

Thanks for adjusting the title. At least the sailing Admirals won't feel emasculated anymore..... :D
Will we have adjoining slippage pre-arranged, and when should we book in with the marina?
The Rama First Nations Pow Wow in starting on the 20th through 21st. We went for a half day last year and had a great time. Very close to our event this year and would make an interesting aside for a car visit.

Ross & Gabe 8)
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Mmmm Does this mean I,m too old to be crazy anymore !! :)

J 8)
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

Crikey wrote:A few mods to report soon, not to mention (Tom) a huge revelation today in finally pulling my lower end for a similar impeller replacement! Pics very soon...
How long you gonna leave us hangin', bro? :P

:wink:
Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey »

Splashing for the first time in my backyard (Green river) tomorrow to test the new impellor kit. Provided I haven't screwed anything up and it still runs I'll post on monday. It's Canada day family weekend and we've got some serious patriotic celebrating to do first! Also completed is a swim platform, bowsprit and table support re-hash. If only I had a modding building like Super-Scotty. The boat's covered in pine tar drips! :o

Everything comes to he who waits....

Ross
beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

Crikey wrote:Yesss!

Thanks for adjusting the title. At least the sailing Admirals won't feel emasculated anymore..... :D
Will we have adjoining slippage pre-arranged, and when should we book in with the marina?
The Rama First Nations Pow Wow in starting on the 20th through 21st. We went for a half day last year and had a great time. Very close to our event this year and would make an interesting aside for a car visit.

Ross & Gabe 8)
I haven't had much luck getting things done over the phone or email when it comes to lagoon city

May have to go there in person and set things up

They will want to know numbers... which I wont know
But if its anything like the last few times I've been there, there's lots of room for us all.

Looking fwd to seeing everyone again

Side note, Leon and I will be in the CreditView Marina from July 15 to 19

Rocky will be joining us at some point, Highlander ???? Most likely NOT!

Too busy for us SAILOR types....

G
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Hi Dude
Don,t count me out the ranch is up for sale , but still need to gut the garage & the attic lotta stuff gotta go , Moving to a Condo so a lot of down sizing to do & haul the boat out to the NWP coast , any body want to go for a trk ride out west to Victoria BC :) & back , I might take the boat out there in late July or early Aug ! , just trying to plan things out

J 8)
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

OK I,m in Aug 15th to the Aug 22nd , I,m retiring Aug 11th to make this meet happen as it will be my last with my boat before haulin out to the NWP , so for those who have not seen my boat in person this will be ur last chance before I head out to the west coast , It,s always a great meet up with good times & great company & good sailing see u all there :)
ps after a great Sun sailing with Geoff & Rocky & Leon I said to myself I do not want to miss this opportunity to see u all for a good wk of sailing :)

J 8)
Chinook
Admiral

Post by Chinook »

It looks like our timetable won't quite match with your rendezvous plans on Lake Simcoe. We're at Trenton now, and plan to start up the Trent-Severn on 7/21, and are projecting to arrive at Port Severn around August 7, give or take. If anyone's on the Trent when we pass through, give a shout and maybe we can meet up. Have a great time on Lake Simcoe.

Mike and Sandy/Chinook