Electrical issues on my 26M

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
Biddyyhz
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Electrical issues on my 26M

Post by Biddyyhz »

To all that can help.....

I am a new MacGregor owner just recently bought a new to me 2007 26M. I am a newbie in sailing and anything with a cabin so I am loving this boat!!!!

I am having trouble with getting the lights and stereo to work inside the cabin. I have power to start, raise and lower the motor; but no running lights or interior lights, or radio. My one GFI plug has power when I plug shore power in; but nothing else.
I have checked all the fuses in the panel and replaced them to make sure.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance..
Biddyyhz

Re: Electrical issues on my 26M

Post by Biddyyhz »

I have it figured out. I had some electrical lines that were suspicious, changed them out and it corrected the issues.
macowneril2015
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Downtown Chicago, 2001 26X, 2001 50 Hp Nissan (NS50D2)

Post by macowneril2015 »

I bought a :macx: a few years ago and the biggest issues were water intrusion and the electrical system was not up to my standards. There are a lot of posts here on upgrades and changes. The best thing I did was upgrade the entire electric system. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.
Biddyyhz

Post by Biddyyhz »

Thank you so much!!!
mac n cheese
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by mac n cheese »

Biddyyhz wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:03 pm I have it figured out. I had some electrical lines that were suspicious, changed them out and it corrected the issues.
I swear Mr Macgregor used household lamp wire when these boats were manufactured. :( The original wire must have been built to
marine code or compliance you would think. Proper tinned marine wire and tinned lugs is the only way to go. :)