CAD Drawings for Venture 25 and others

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
TEXASPARKTHEBOAT
Sailboat: MacGregor 25

CAD Drawings for Venture 25 and others

Post by TEXASPARKTHEBOAT »

Is anyone interested in CAD drawings for the Venture 25 or other models?
I am in the process of creating electronic drawings for the purposes or "modification of layout" for interior and exterior

I attached sample drawings. They are not exactly to scale, but they are close
I don't mind creating a drawing for anyone interested....mainly for modifications you might have in mind or any other ideas?

Drawings done/created within Microstation. I make the drawings for you or save them as Autocad or PDF or?? Then you can modify if you have Autocad or other CAD software for drawing.

Measurements are not exact, only approximate. PDF attachment (glitchy, so not sure if it attached or not).
Print it rough draft with hard to read text (working on improving the print/text etc)
TEXASPARKTHEBOAT

Re: CAD Drawings for Venture 25 and others

I wasn't able to attach any images (JPG). Will keep working on how to attach image
Hamin' X
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Post by Hamin' X »

TEXASPARKTHEBOAT wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:02 pm I wasn't able to attach any images (JPG). Will keep working on how to attach image
Images must be hosted on a third party server, as this website does not host them locally. Try https://postimages.org/

~Rich
Wayne nicol
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Queen CHarlotte Islands,B.C.---------------- lightning white 2012 26M "Merrylegs"

Post by Wayne nicol »

excellent, thats awesome!!
are you doing drawings of any of the other Mac boats?
I would love to see some drawings of the :macm:
i have a late model m 2012
kurz
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by kurz »

wow would be great!

looking for :macm:
TEXASPARKTHEBOAT

Here is one sample attachment (I figured out how to do images with a link to it)
The first link takes you to the sample image I created for 1978 Mac 25 Venture

I realize some of the measurements/dimensions are not right. This particular drawing however does match one of the
floor plan layouts that was available for this year.

The goal is to get some more accurate drawings so we all don't have to spend as much time with the measuring tape, hunched over inside our boats, measuring things that are standard with the Mac models, years and etc. (for example the location of the compression post and bulkhead wall in the Mac 25 is usually in the same location)

I would have to get "accurate" sample images online for the 21, 222, 23 and the 26 series

If anyone can help me with correct measurements I can draw them all up and save "blank canvas templates" that everyone can use/print out and sketch over the top of for their own personal mods on their Mac's. If I can my hands on copies of the original drawings from when manufactured, I can duplicate them with a generic statement on the drawing "Not for reproduction purposes" - or similar

LINK:
-Kevin
Texas
Last edited by Hamin' X on Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed img link
TEXASPARKTHEBOAT

Here is a direct link URL - seems to open the file from the link in a "larger" view
This is the "elevation view" of the 1978 Mac 25 Venture

https://i.postimg.cc/j2ZqyFXY/1978-Mac2 ... v-View.jpg
TEXASPARKTHEBOAT

The Drawing for the Mac 222: "Blank Canvas" Dimensions Apx. Accuracy is Apx. not actual - as close as I could get it without taking measurements of every inch of the boat. Will work on making it more accurate.
More models to come (Redo of Mac 25, 26 S/D/X/M)

Here is the link for Mac 222 Image/drawing: https://i.postimg.cc/NGPQG68N/MAC-222.jpg

Send me ideas, I'll draw them up for you (meaning mods, like cabinets, storage, extended Vbirth, and other mods). It will help you figure out what will fit and what will not fit in your boat.