2002 26X trailer for pick-up

A forum for discussing issues relating to trailers and towing MacGregor sailboats.
JaxMacX
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

2002 26X trailer for pick-up

Post by JaxMacX »

Hi, we are getting a new trailer from Super Sport Marine (https://supersail.com/) on March 9 or shortly thereafter. We are going to get rid of our current trailer. An original steel trailer with some rusting. We aren't keeping the original trailer because we plan on boating in salty water most of the time. The trailer just won't hold up for us. Since we got the trailer, we have rinsed the trailer the three times we launched in a nearby freshwater retention pond immediately after putting it into the salty water.

Once we get the new trailer and the boat switched over, i'll post pics of the old trailer to see if anyone wants it. I'm not planning on putting it up for sale. I would just need someone to remove it.
macowneril2015
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Downtown Chicago, 2001 26X, 2001 50 Hp Nissan (NS50D2)

Re: 2002 26X trailer for pick-up

Post by macowneril2015 »

JaxMacX wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:39 am Hi, we are getting a new trailer from Super Sport Marine (https://supersail.com/) on March 9 or shortly thereafter. We are going to get rid of our current trailer. An original steel trailer with some rusting. We aren't keeping the original trailer because we plan on boating in salty water most of the time. The trailer just won't hold up for us. Since we got the trailer, we have rinsed the trailer the three times we launched in a nearby freshwater retention pond immediately after putting it into the salty water.

Once we get the new trailer and the boat switched over, i'll post pics of the old trailer to see if anyone wants it. I'm not planning on putting it up for sale. I would just need someone to remove it.
How is the new trailer working out? I was thinking of swapping mine out with one of theirs due to damage to mine that occurred last season.