New guy from Texas (with a million questions)

A forum for discussing topics relating to older MacGregor/Venture sailboats.
Jimmyt
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: New guy from Texas (with a million questions)

Post by Jimmyt »

NiceAft wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm ... and those who are just guessing. :evil: :D
Hey! I resemble that remark... :|
Jimmyt
P-Cub-Boo
2013 26M, Etec 60, roller Genoa, roller main
Cruising Waters: Mobile Bay, Western Shore, Fowl River
GonePostal
Deckhand
Sailboat: Venture 2-22

Post by GonePostal »

One of our cats just had kittens. Can I give those away in lieu of pizza??? :-)

Thanks for the winch recommendations. I actually ordered the one from BWY, though I wish Id have known about the cheaper alternative at Northern Tool. Reminds me of the old joke: BOAT stands for Bring Out Another Thousand haha Or my new favorite- A boat is a hole in the water that you pour your money into :)

I live in a teeny tiny town called Cranfills Gap. Its about an hour NW of Waco. 2 hours N of Austin/2 hours SW of Dallas.

The nearest lakes are Lake Whitney and Lake Waco. Ill probably spend most of my time at Lake Whitney, at least at first. I also plan to try to visit alot of different lakes, hence the trailer sailboat. Id love to work up to going to some of the bays here along the coast, and maybe the Gulf Of Mexico- on a nice day, not far from land, under perfect conditions... but thats a ways down the road. Im not exactly sure how advisable that is. I certainly am not confident enough in my sailing abilities to try that. Yet...
Chris
1980 Venture 2-22
Nissan Marine 6hp
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

You do it in doable chewables, and learn along the way.
Ray ~~_/)~~