Life at my boat ramp

A forum for discussing issues relating to trailers and towing MacGregor sailboats.
dlandersson
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Life at my boat ramp

Post by dlandersson »

Life at my boat ramp - this is why many of us have slips. :)

https://www.facebook.com/anglerupwithbr ... 420856111/
Last edited by dlandersson on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Life at my boat ramp

Post by NiceAft »

dlandersson wrote:Life at my boat ramp - this is many of us have slips. :)

https://www.facebook.com/anglerupwithbr ... 420856111/
Funny :!:

I had my wife listen to it. She was laughing out loud :D

Ray
Herschel
Admiral

Post by Herschel »

Outstanding humor. God bless that ole boy! He DID stay in his truck...I hope! :D :D :D :D :D
Freedom77
First Officer
Sailboat: Venture 25

Post by Freedom77 »

Over 50 years on the water I believe some of the most unusual and tragic events, can be found on any given weekend at the launch ramp. It tests patience, marriage and common sense. Once at Marina del Rey I witnessed what I consider the all time event. Wish I had a video camera. It was dusk. Man pulled into ramp area with a Columbia Sabre, 26 ft. full keel, on a trailer. About six feet high. Two ladies got out dressed like they were going to church and were motioned by the Admiral to stand off to the side. He was wearing a speedo. Many words spoken in non English. Didn't step the mast. Man squared trailer up with ramp, chocked wheels, disconnected trailer from hitch and tied what looked like TV antenna, (remember those) wire, about 1/4 inch, to the hitch and the trailer tongue in order to get deep enough to float off trailer. Took up slack on wire, kicked out chocks. Trailer proceeded to roll down ramp, break wire and roll into the water. Boat floated of trailer and trailer rolled under the dock. At this time the tide was going out. The launch ramp docks at del Rey are floating concrete. The dock crushed the trailer and did some damage to the dock. Oh, did I mention that some of us offered to help before he launched and he cast aspersions on our family heritage. Harbor Patrol showed up. I didn't stick around to see what happened.
Baha
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Baha »

tlgibson97
First Officer

Post by tlgibson97 »

There's been a couple times trying to load my X in a crosswind that I could have been video'd. Especially when I first got it and hadn't extended the goal posts and v-block. Also, trying to hit the trailer without a rudder or some keel down.
Freedom77
First Officer
Sailboat: Venture 25

Post by Freedom77 »

Baha. LOL!! En Espanol...NWJ. NO WAY JOSE. If only 8)