Research

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.

Moderators: kmclemore, beene, NiceAft, Catigale, Hamin' X

paulmelb

Research

Post by paulmelb » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:54 am

HI All,
I am new to the idea /dream of owning a yacht. My Grandpa was into them and I always enjoyed my time on his yacht (and even helping him clean and anti foul the hull lol). I am getting to a stage in life where I think I actually might be able to afford one in the near future and have time to spend on it. Having discovered the MacGregors I think this type of boat might get me over the line with the misses and daughter. Having said this , I have only researched online and haven't seen one in the flesh let experienced one in full flight. Is there a member of this forum in Melbourne that would be keen to show me their pride and joy and maybe even like a crew member to boss around on day of sailing? I live in Sassafras and I am happy to travel for the cause 😁.
Cheers,
Paul.

C Buchs
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Research

Post by C Buchs » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:00 pm

I could take you out on my :macx: , but I'm about 7-8,000 miles away from you.

Sorry...Jeff

paulmelb

Post by paulmelb » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:55 pm

Thanks for the offer Jeff. :-) that distance might test my commitment to the cause lol.

Sea Shadow
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Sea Shadow » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:29 pm

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the sites. Just saw your posting and thought I would give a shout out. I am currently on the Gippsland Lakes furt the next week or so but I normally go in at St. Kinda wheni I am back home. More than happy to have you on board when I do. I have a 2011 M which is normally in driveway in Boronia. PM me if you are still interested.

Michael
:macm: Extraordinary times expose (extra)ordinary people.

paulmelb

Post by paulmelb » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:52 pm

Thanks Michael,
I pmed you but it is sitting in my "outbox" though so I'm not sure it has actually sent to you.
Cheers,
Paul.

kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:02 pm

paulmelb wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:52 pm
Thanks Michael,
I pmed you but it is sitting in my "outbox" though so I'm not sure it has actually sent to you.
Cheers,
Paul.
PM's sit in the 'outbox' until the recipient opens the PM. Once opened it moves to the 'Sent' box.

Cheers,
Kevin
Your Friendly Admin :)

dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:29 am

I would be happy to come to Melbourne (esp. in the winter) if you pay for it :P
paulmelb wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:54 am
HI All,
I am new to the idea /dream of owning a yacht. My Grandpa was into them and I always enjoyed my time on his yacht (and even helping him clean and anti foul the hull lol). I am getting to a stage in life where I think I actually might be able to afford one in the near future and have time to spend on it. Having discovered the MacGregors I think this type of boat might get me over the line with the misses and daughter. Having said this , I have only researched online and haven't seen one in the flesh let experienced one in full flight. Is there a member of this forum in Melbourne that would be keen to show me their pride and joy and maybe even like a crew member to boss around on day of sailing? I live in Sassafras and I am happy to travel for the cause 😁.
Cheers,
Paul.