Bimini

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
Rick62
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Bimini

Post by Rick62 »

Hey,the :macx: I'm buying doesn't have a Bimini. Are there off the shelf ones that I can buy from the likes of Whitworths and so on, or do I have to get a custom or order from Blue water yachts. If off the shelf I see there are two types. I also require suggested height and length to avoid the boom and back stay.
Cheers
sunshinecoasting
First Officer
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia - "Entropy" Nissan 50 CDI Furling Jib

Re: Bimini

Post by sunshinecoasting »

Hi Rick,

I am putting my :macx: in the water tomorrow (Wednesday) for a week, it will be in the Mooloolaba marina for the whole week, it has a bimini that works well with the boom and folding seat, its a fine line between hi enough to clear the seat and low enough to clear the boom so if you want to see it then let me know via here and we can arrange something.

P.S. mine is pretty tired and needs replacing, I have been looking at the ones in RTM (I refuse to shop at Whitworths) and they look like the would fit with some tweaking so no need to go to BWY.

Cheers Dennis.
Rick62
Chief Steward

Re: Bimini

Post by Rick62 »

He Dennis,
I will be around the Marina in the morning around 8:30 am if your around. I will PM you my number. Cheers Rick