Where to buy Mac 26M in Europe or better import from US?

An area for discussion of sailing-related topics of particular interest to Europeans

Moderators: kmclemore, beene, NiceAft, Catigale, Hamin' X

lingvo

Where to buy Mac 26M in Europe or better import from US?

Post by lingvo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:29 am

Hi all

Hope this european community still live.

I'm located in Germany and looking for couple of years already for a Mecgregor 26M. It looks like it is a very rare boat nowadays. There are couple of 26X on the market even in Germany, but 26M is a problem.

I loked on ebay kelinanzeigen, iNautia, Boat24 and found few in Italy, one in Spain and one in Netherlands at the prices ranging from 25k to 30k euros. Netherlands one gone relatively quickly, italian one's are still there.

Perhaps someone could give me a hint, where can I find more Macgregors to sale?

Also question - did someone import used Mac from USA? Is it very complex with CE certification etc?

kurz
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Where to buy Mac 26M in Europe or better import from US?

Post by kurz » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:49 am

I imported 2011 a new one, an 26m.

Motor bought here. So no problem. The difficult was the trailer. But at the end I managed with the original trailer Alu with new EU tandem axles and lights.

If you should get it from USA watch that you have the CE package. What will be very seldom I guess.
Or get information, if you could do the CE here.
With BWY you can get any parts you need for as 2 bilge pumps, stern rails,.... I think that's all. The question is what will it cost in DE to get the CE stamp.

lingvo

Post by lingvo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:42 am

Thanks Kurz
If you should get it from USA watch that you have the CE package.
What is this CE package? Is it some equipment only or also certificate of conformity for particular hull? I really need to get this CE certificate, as otherwise I can't register the boat.

kurz
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by kurz » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:35 pm

both.
I have this CE Paper and on the Boat there is a CE label. And there ARE changes on the boat following different regulations in USA / Europe.

As fare as I can remember: CE/EU wants an electrical bilge pump, and a manual one (not in USA).
CE/EU wants stern rails, not necessaire in USA. So there are very few things to change. You can order all original at blue water yachts. The shall know exactely what you need in detail.

If you want a scan from my CE you can contact me with your email.

Next question you should know: Where you can do the CE here in DE and what will it cost. As fare as I know they want to see your boat and want to do all the tests. So it c o u l d be expensive... Technically it is easy peasy if you order the right things in advance. When I remember correctely te CE package was ca. 2500.-- extra.