Is Denia (Alicante) to Ibiza possible?

An area for discussion of sailing-related topics of particular interest to Europeans

Moderators: kmclemore, beene, NiceAft, Catigale, Hamin' X

NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Is Denia (Alicante) to Ibiza possible?

Post by NiceAft » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:59 am

:cry: You never mentioned if you will be wearing a Kilt :?:Since I don’t know what a “Killter“ is, I assume it’s you?
Ray ~~_/)~~

Killter
Just Enlisted

Post by Killter » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:25 am

haha! no, no kilt.

The kilts are more used by our Scottish brothers, although a lot of Irish guys wear them when they get married....its way to cold for kilts! We have a part of our military that wear kilts for official celebrations (picture below), but it isnt common!

(Killter is a nickname from original name, Killian - which means little forest or little church in our language)!

Be Free
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Be Free » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:17 am

According to Billy Connoly, "The Scots were an Irish tribe! A lot of people don't know that. Yeah! A kind of mentally ill Irish tribe. The chief said, "C'mon lads! I know an even RAINIER place!" :D
Bill
2001 26X Simple Interest
Honda BF40D

Killter
Just Enlisted

Post by Killter » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:27 pm

Yes. The original Irish and Scots are the same people. I say 'original' because Scotland and the north of Ireland have a lot of decendents of english planters.

We speak the same language and share a lot of the same culture....and both sets of people are a little mad!.

NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:33 pm

.and both sets of people are a little mad!.
Shh :!: Highlander maybe lurking :wink:

On the other hand, he just might agree; he just had a birthday, and might just be mellowing with age. :)
Ray ~~_/)~~