Queensland Facebook Page

lbaldwin
Deckhand
Sailboat: Tattoo 26

Queensland Facebook Page

Post by lbaldwin »

Hi if anyone is interested I have setup a Facebook group called QLD Macgregor 26 Owners Group if anyone wishes to join.
I may rename it to Australian rather QLD as i don't want to exclude anyone.

The link is as follows

https://m.facebook.com/groups/684081111 ... 1095166830
Last edited by lbaldwin on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Relackson
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Queensland Facebook Page

Post by Relackson »

Sounds good to me.
I'm a Victorian and have just come back from 3weeks with my Mac in the Gold Coast and southern Moreton Bay Area, and would have appreciated some more info about venues, facilities, SHOWERS, etc.
Hoping to go to Fraser Isand next year .

Stan
sunshinecoasting
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia - "Entropy" Nissan 50 CDI Furling Jib

Post by sunshinecoasting »

I must be a bit slow on the uptake, I cant find it, can you post a link please?
kadet
Admiral
Location: Brisbane, Australia. 2008M "Wicked Wave" Yamaha T60

Post by kadet »

sunshinecoasting wrote:I must be a bit slow on the uptake, I cant find it, can you post a link please?
ditto :)
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

Yeah, I searched Facebook and could not find it - perhaps it was inadvertently set up as a private group?

I like Facebook and feel there's a useful place for it in the hobby in terms of sharing "what's happening now" - trips, fun pictures, making links with other sailors, etc.

However, for me Facebook is not a very good replacement for a forum like this one, for several reasons:

- There are very limited formatting options to create your posting and communicate your message
- It's not designed for posting longer narratives or deep discussions on a topic
- It is extremely difficult (if not impossible) to search for past postings
- As a result, each interaction on FB usually only helps a single owner at a time and can't be referenced later on in order to help many owners over time

Basically, FB can't really record and document what has become quite literally years of accumulated knowledge, tips and assistance to owners of Macs. A forum can.

That being said, I do also participate in the most active Mac Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/49681268542/), but again, mostly it's just quick tips or assisting a single owner.
mastreb
Admiral

Post by mastreb »

Yeah. And other than Ranger Tugs (tugnuts.com) you don't get much of a community with other makes of boats. They mostly get lumped together on CruiserForums.com, which is a giant collection of new-owners who bought way too big of a first boat asking stupid questions and being yelled at by a-hole armchair admirals who haven't sailed in years. The Hobie forum I'm in for my sail kayak has no experts in the use of a real sailboat at all, and there is no forum forum for my new boat.

I started a group on Facebook for my other boat since nothing exists, but so far I'm just the mayor of my own empty little town (crickets chirping).
lbaldwin
Deckhand

Post by lbaldwin »

Relackson wrote:Sounds good to me.
I'm a Victorian and have just come back from 3weeks with my Mac in the Gold Coast and southern Moreton Bay Area, and would have appreciated some more info about venues, facilities, SHOWERS, etc.
Hoping to go to Fraser Isand next year .

Stan
Sorry for the delay in posting. New to this forum stuff. Will post a link to the Facebook page. My tattoo was delivered Saturday so a bit of a novice.
lbaldwin
Deckhand

Post by lbaldwin »

The working link to the QLD Macgregor 26 Owners Group Facebook Page is as follows: https://m.facebook.com/groups/684081111 ... 1095166830

This page has been setup so like minded Macgregor owners can post their holiday snaps, comments and a way to organize events etc.

Lance
lbaldwin
Deckhand

Post by lbaldwin »

sunshinecoasting wrote:I must be a bit slow on the uptake, I cant find it, can you post a link please?

Here is the link finally.
Sorry for the delay

lbaldwin
Deckhand

Post by lbaldwin »

kadet wrote:
ditto :)

lbaldwin
Deckhand

Post by lbaldwin »

lbaldwin wrote:Hi if anyone is interested I have setup a Facebook group called QLD Macgregor 26 Owners Group if anyone wishes to join.
Here is the link.