Keys Loop

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.

Moderators: kmclemore, beene, NiceAft, Catigale, Hamin' X

Post Reply
Cjoymilano
Just Enlisted
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:53 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Minnesota

Keys Loop

Post by Cjoymilano » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Hey! Getting ready to plan to spend a few months exploring the keys. Having trouble deciding on Atlantic side through Hawks Channel or gulf side. Any suggestions? We are fairly new sailors with a 26M 25hp Mercury big foot.

User avatar
NiceAft
Admiral
Posts: 4969
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:28 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Keys Loop

Post by NiceAft » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Did you have any luck in contacting Ix?
Ray ~~_/)~~

Cjoymilano
Just Enlisted
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:53 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Minnesota

Re: Keys Loop

Post by Cjoymilano » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi there, guess I don’t know who or how to contact lx?

User avatar
NiceAft
Admiral
Posts: 4969
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:28 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Keys Loop

Post by NiceAft » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:10 am

"Ixneigh".

Try contacting him by sending an e-mail.

Look him up in the members area. find quick links (high above, to the left), click on "members".
Ray ~~_/)~~

User avatar
Russ
Admiral
Posts: 6477
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:01 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Bozeman, Montana "Luna Azul" 2008 M 70hp Suzi

Re: Keys Loop

Post by Russ » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:53 am

Here is a post about the keys from Ix
https://macgregorsailors.com/forum/view ... 8&p=346643

Here is his profile where you can message him
https://macgregorsailors.com/forum/memb ... le&u=12858
--Russ

PSNA
Deckhand
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:02 am
Sailboat: Other
Location: Florida

Re: Keys Loop

Post by PSNA » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:07 pm

Cjoymilano wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:42 pm
Hey! Getting ready to plan to spend a few months exploring the keys. Having trouble deciding on Atlantic side through Hawks Channel or gulf side. Any suggestions? We are fairly new sailors with a 26M 25hp Mercury big foot.
The western or gulf side of the keys is the third-largest barrier reef in the world.

Water depth generally runs 5' to 5'. Definitely not a hospitable place for sailing. It is beautiful and the marine life is spectacular though.

Stay on the Atlantic side. The water is deeper plus all major ports of call have their marinas and services located there.

Take your time, watch your weather and you will have the trip of a lifetime.

Cjoymilano
Just Enlisted
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:53 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Minnesota

Re: Keys Loop

Post by Cjoymilano » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:05 pm

NiceAft wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:10 am
"Ixneigh".

Try contacting him by sending an e-mail.

Look him up in the members area. find quick links (high above, to the left), click on "members".
Thanks! I sent him an e mail 😃

User avatar
NiceAft
Admiral
Posts: 4969
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:28 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Keys Loop

Post by NiceAft » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:11 pm

Good luck.
Ray ~~_/)~~

User avatar
NiceAft
Admiral
Posts: 4969
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:28 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Keys Loop

Post by NiceAft » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Cjoymilano wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:05 pm
NiceAft wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:10 am
"Ixneigh".

Try contacting him by sending an e-mail.

Look him up in the members area. find quick links (high above, to the left), click on "members".
Thanks! I sent him an e mail 😃
Go here and see his response to your post in where is Madd Mike’s Zeno Arow. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28154&start=30
Ray ~~_/)~~

Post Reply