Texas 200 2024

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Gordo
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Texas 200 2024

Post by Gordo »

Second week in June. Who's in? www.texas200.com for details

After doing my first run in 2009 in a PDR, I haven't failed to be a part of the 200 for the last 15 years. I've sailed 11 times, dropped out once, met the group at the last camp once, and partied at the start without sailing twice. I've had 6 different boats on the 200. One really fun year my son and I showed up at the start without a boat and hitchhiked!

Anyway, this year will be boat #7, and I'm calling it the "Carnival Cruise Line" version. For me, having my X will be luxury for sure! Looks like I'll have a good friend and a Wounded Warrior for crew. One of my good friends and long time participants started the Wounded Warrior thing last year and it was such a good thing that he enlisted several of us to sign up more.

Last year I know there were several Macs in attendance. Hopefully we'll have a fleet again, as I missed out last year. I was way behind on a total kitchen gut/remodel and I couldn't take a whole week off from it.
X for the Comfort!
Sailing the Texas Coast and beyond
2000 Mac26X, original Tohatsu 50HP
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Texas 200 2024

Post by Russ »

That looks like a really fun event. Please document the "race" as you go here.
--Russ
pitchpolehobie
Captain

Post by pitchpolehobie »

Russ wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:44 am That looks like a really fun event. Please document the "race" as you go here.
Agree looks like a great time. Id love to see all the different boats. Im sure tons of pirates on this trip. :macx:
2002 MacGregor 26X: Remedium
Tohatsu 25HP
Cruising Area: Inland Ohio, Lake Erie
Gotro
Engineer

Post by Gotro »

Yes I plan on doing part of this event . My plan is not registering but starting at the finish line and meet up with the group in Aransas Bay somewhere. Probably a 4 day sail for me and my first mate . The water color is just fabulous in this area plus I want to fish the back bays this time and not be on such a rush schedule. Mike and Connie on the Wanita G :macx: I sailed through the shallows passes in espirit santos bay last year saw 1.5 foot on the Garmin but it made it . Love my swing keel
Gotro
Engineer

Post by Gotro »

IMG_1029.jpeg
IMG_1033.jpeg
Headed to Port Aransas in a few says to sail,fish and watch for the Texas 200 gang sail by. just throwing up a couple photos i just took showing a new asymmetrical tack attachment point I rig up a while ago and have yet yo try it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gotro
Engineer

Post by Gotro »

I wanted to show how i fly my hobie 16 jib storm sail. Sense this place usually blows 15 to 20 knots all summer long i have this jib up most of the time with a reefed main.