So... In an endeavor to bring the up to an RV's level of comfort so we can extend our trips, I want a shower and a proper "thinking" room... preferably with some sound deadening. As... you might already know in project MX-4, the old head space is no more and good-riddance. The Admiral didn't like the idea of sky-lights over the Pot-ay. She had them covered up. So without further a-do and where the X portion of the MX comes into play... I'll be moving the head to the location where the X has it.
From what I've scoped out...
- It will be a "wet" head - showering will wet down the whole area.
- The shower area alone will be about 2' x 2' of flat floor space. The floor height will be defined by the top of the longitudinal spine/tank ballast runner.
- At hip height it will be almost 3' x 3'.
- Unfortunately, the height will only be about 5' 6" which is the best that can be found in the M without being in the central floor.
- For me at 5',8", I am able to stand strait up as long as I bend my head over. The Admiral won't be bumping her head at all.
- The throne (an incoming AirHead Composting Toilet) is at the aft-end of this space and does NOT encroach into that 2' x 2' floor space.
- In other words, if you've been on a cruise ship, the shower space will be larger here.
- The water will be electric pump pressurized to 30 psi.
- I am looking at ways of heating the water, but that is still TBD.
Here is a animation showing my current expectations.
https://inqonthat.com/wp-content/upload ... 1/Head.avi