Posting Signatures is now enabled. Please check your signature settings in your user control panel->profile (click your username top right)

Blue Water Yachts, COVID

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: kmclemore, Catigale, Hamin' X, beene, NiceAft

bwygirl
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Blue Water Yachts, COVID

Post by bwygirl » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Hello everyone! We would like you to know that we plan to continue to ship you the parts you need for your boats during this crisis. We will not have our doors open for drop-in customers, but if you must pick up we will leave your package outside our door. Please during this time do your best to limit phone calls, we may not always be in the office, but do email us anytime! We will be looking for your emails while we are home, keep us busy! Please place your orders online, email us questions, and be patient if we have product delays. Not all our suppliers will be able to stay open. Todd and I will get in the office and do our shipping, have FedEx pick-up, and drop packages at the office and then scoot back home.

Stay safe, we send our best to all of you and your loved ones.
Remember you can work on your boat...alone, and then it will be ready to go when this is over.

Cheryl and Todd McChesney
Blue Water Yachts
http://www.bwyachts.com/

kurz
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Blue Water Yachts, COVID

Post by kurz » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:13 am

YES I can prove... BWY-Shop works!!!

@cheryl: I already reseived the 2 packeges with sails and more to Europe/Switzerland. SO FAST!

I did not open yet... But I'm shure all is well!

Thanks to Todd and Cheryl!

Bobsquatch
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Bobsquatch » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:34 am

I have been champing at the bit for a while now for exactly that reason. I ordered all my standing rigging and a batten set online a little while back and was wondering if it was getting made or not. I didn't want to bug anyone so I just kept checking my order status online. Now my tail is wagging because FedEx plans to deliver it tomorrow. :D Thank you Cheryl!

I am not in agreement that I cant go launch my boat single handed right now as I can maintain physical distancing easily. I do understand that if people see me do it right, they will want to do it too and will be congregating in the area so I get it. We have to remember it's not about me. Its about us. We need to do everything we are asked to right now even if it seems stupid. Take pride in this just like everything else you do. When it is over, at the very least, YOU will know you did what you could to help.

Now I have a good excuse to re-rig and totally prep my boat, including bottom paint and other maintenance just like Cheryl said.
Bobsquatch
2002 :macx:
Dābob
Bought from Bobby T

Chinook
Admiral

Post by Chinook » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:54 am

Hi Todd and Cheryl,

Good to see your post. This Covid pandemic is causing so much hardship everywhere, and I'm sure it's hurting your business. Thanks for being there, and available to ship parts. Hope you're both well, and that business will rebound strongly when things open up again.