Thanks to the Members....

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Thanks to the Members....

Post by NiceAft »

BOAT,

Wrong subject for “Thanks to the Members...”

Start a new thread.
Ray ~~_/)~~
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

BOAT wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:15 pm I have a political question,

What do you guys use for an anchor light?
well being that I,m so cheap I use a Full Moon :idea: & never venture onto the dark side ! :o :?

John 8)
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Good work Kevin :)
May we all sail forward for the sake of Mankind , Health , Prosperity & Lots of more Future Sailors on this site to keep this great sailing site & family going ahead for Generations to come as we r one Bubble that just keeps on growing Bigger for one & all World Wide :)

Now that winter is here I,m looking forward to seeing some new Mod Idea,s coming forth :)

BTW , My boat is better than ur boat & ur boat is better than his boat & his boat is better than this boat & this boat is better that boat & that boat is better than her boat & her boat is better than his boat ., But all said & done the Mac is the better boat so we all Win . :) :wink: & make one big happy family :)

Ok I gotta git back to my Solar panel mod , I keep redesinging my redesigned mod from the original designed Mod Geez am I gitting old or is my brain just gittin more refined as I age gracefully :D :D :D :D
No comment from u young back bencher whipper snappers :P

Life looks good Full Moon shining & a Bright Sun rising :D
OK gotta go git me another Scotch & feed my brain some more vitimins
May u all keep safe & Healthy as a new yr of sailing approaches for us all & family,s

J 8)
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

Highlander wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:40 pm May u all keep safe & Healthy as a new yr of sailing approaches for us all & family,s

J 8)
Thanks, and here, here!
Herschel
Admiral

Post by Herschel »

BRAVO ZULU...Kevin. 8)
Starscream
Admiral

Post by Starscream »

I'm not sure where to post this...
I advocate for this site a lot on the FB macgregor page, always trying to steer people over here.

I have a lot of trouble with the main page of this site. Often I get a "failed to fetch" error (currently) and just as often I get a "maximum number of views exceeded" error. The active topics dont show up and the site becomes hard to navigate. I suspect we may be losing some new members to the landing page issues.

I like how the site is progressing: the core of regulars is awesome and I'm seeing more and more new handles. Maybe it's time for a holiday reminder: it looks like this resurrected site has achieved critical mass and is here to stay so maybe it's time to DONATE to keep it running.

If I had one wish, its that the main page would go back to the way it was before, with the top 10 latest topics visible instead of the last 25 posts, all of which may have been on the same topic. I know I can bookmark the "active posts" link but still.
Starscream
Admiral

Post by Starscream »

Here's part of the problem:

That's from my cell. Currently my desktop has the "fail to fetch" error.

Here's another problem:

Oddly, I can't donate directly with my credit card. When I select Mastercard it forces me on to Paypal instead of taking a direct mastercard payment.
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

Starscream wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 am

If I had one wish, its that the main page would go back to the way it was before, with the top 10 latest topics visible instead of the last 25 posts, all of which may have been on the same topic. I know I can bookmark the "active posts" link but still.
Agreed. The most recent posts widget is not working well. Will have to work on something better.
The "old" way was better, however, it was all custom code and components that were no longer supported by the latest version of PHP.
--Russ
Dougiestyle
Engineer

Post by Dougiestyle »

Thanks to all on this site! It has been a wealth of info and inspiration for me. I hope 2021 will be better for all.
Dougiestyle
1998 26X , Nissan 50D, "Water Buffalo"
Wind of Freedom
Deckhand

Post by Wind of Freedom »

After all these years (about 14 years), my Wind of Freedom account is still active. I'm very thankful. :D
OverEasy
Admiral

Post by OverEasy »

Thank You for a great site!🏆

As “newbies” we REALLY appreciate the emphasis on the MacGregor and sailing as we learn the ropes.
We are on board with giving a wide berth around the politics and religious as there are more than enough specific places for that.
We like that we have one place where one does not have be prepared batten down the hatches to avoid the vitriolic.
We very much enjoy the absence of loose cannons firing off below decks just to rock the boat.
Thank you for a consistent ship-shape copper bottomed site and taking the right tack.
Stemming the tide of tempest tossed useless barrel bottom scraping rhetoric is not an easy thing to do.

It is refreshing to have an actual normal space in life.🎉
This site give hope that there are good places where the glass has turned.
May you have fair winds and following seas. :) :)

Thank You!

Best Regards and Appreciation for a Great Site!⛵️
Over Easy
8) 8) 🐩
Bilgemaster
First Officer
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia--"Breakin' Wind" 2001 26X, Honda BF50A 50hp engine

Post by Bilgemaster »

Starscream wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:54 pm Hey moderators, any thought to reaching out to some of the MIA regulars? I'm thinking about people like bilgemaster, sumner, Quebec1 (he just posted on the Facebook page), miss ollie and the like. I haven't heard a peep from Sumner in a long time and I hope he's all right. Maybe a poke through email?

I always insert links to this site in the macgregor Facebook group to try to generate traffic here.

That Facebook site went ballistic once when someone mentioned Gretta. And there are some people there who seem to like to mix it up, so you have to be careful. So much better here.
Thanks for remembering me, Starscream. 2020 was supposed to be my "Year of the Nice Long Cruise" down to the Chesapeake and all, but we all know how that went...

But now that I've been been duly and repeatedly jabbed, I'm busily evicting the cobwebs from the X and hoping again to really "get out there." I'm still looking pretty "feral" though...

And like others, I'm also quite happy that this Forum seems to have remained politics-free, or at least what passes for "politics". I'm on a couple of motorcycle forums, I even moderate one, that frequently resemble psychiatric care intake units.
Starscream
Admiral

Post by Starscream »

:D you're welcome, who wouldn't remember the amphicar and 1$ compac? And that writing style?

There is still a huge battle raging for supremacy between the multiple FB sites and this forum, and unfortunately the social dilemma of FB seems to be winning. There is no shortage of stupid answers and comments on the FB site, and everything rapidly gets lost so people ask the same question over and over again. But one gets that instant satisfaction of the notification bell, that little dose of dopamine or whatever it is that addicts people.

FB is the made-in-______ version of this site. Nothing lasts, questionable expertise, abbreviated incomplete answers, and huge peanut gallery contributing incorrect information, whom one cannot correct without getting into a FB battle. It totally sucks, but I'm afraid it seems to be winning against this site's calm, intelligent, and enduring nature.

It actually blows my mind that people post such simple or silly questions on FB, ones that they could easily answer with the slightest bit of internet research, expecting a detailed, but instant, reply. Almost every single question that gets posed over there could easily and exhaustively be answered by a simple search of this forum archives, and the poster would have a much better understanding of the issues and solutions...but nope...ima post my silly question and wait to see how many notifications I get, regardless of how good or stupid the answers are. It's even hard to post an answer over there, even if one wants to, because no matter what you post at least four or five people will misunderstand your answer and post contrary or even angry responses.

Latest one: a poster installed a new mast step, but the mast didn't actually touch the step and was completely suspended by the mast pin, alone. Is this a problem, he asks? One of the multiple answers: "Nope". So helpful, so incorrect, so FB.

But I guess coming over here takes time, and our membership seems to be down from it's highs in the mid 2010's, so a lot of the expertise comes from a relatively small number of experts (you know who you are...thank you!). Maybe we don't want the average FB poster to be on this site...? hmm.

Rant over.
OverEasy
Admiral

Post by OverEasy »

Hi Starscream

Always wanted an Amphicar……. :)

The three car nut show from England (Top Gear) had a sailing version that actually sort of worked! :D :D

I can’t agree with you more about FB.
Can’t stand the inconsistency’s or triteness which seems common across just about everything FB.

8) 8) 🐩
pitchpolehobie
First Officer

Post by pitchpolehobie »

Yes I dumped FB in the last year. Loved seeing the Mac chatter on there but really enjoy the content and comraderie here.
2002 MacGregor 26X: Remedium
Tohatsu 25HP
Cruising Area: Inland Ohio, Lake Erie