Is the classified section closed?

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: kmclemore, beene, NiceAft, Catigale, Hamin' X

Clipster
Just Enlisted

Re: Is the classified section closed?

Post by Clipster » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:41 am

Back when I started searching for one back in 1999, there were only ~12 26X's for sale at a time on the used market throughout the entire US. It took me two years before I found the one that met my specifications, and in 2001 I had to drive from CA to MI to get it.

dlandersson
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by dlandersson » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:47 am

Ditto, except mine came from Colorado to Indiana. 8)

There are 1 - 2 X's (pretty nice) for sale at Superior Marine, Michigan City, IN. The owners are too old (medical issues) to sail and the yard owner (Roy) has a lot of plates in the air (and they aren't his boats) so you have to put out some effort. :wink:
Clipster wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:41 am
Back when I started searching for one back in 1999, there were only ~12 26X's for sale at a time on the used market throughout the entire US. It took me two years before I found the one that met my specifications, and in 2001 I had to drive from CA to MI to get it.

OverEasy
First Officer

Post by OverEasy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Hi All!

Boy did we get lucky!!!!
We found Over Easy in the next town over from us just 15 minute away! :) :)
We also found to Previous Owners to be a pair of really great friendly helpful people as well.
The COVID-19 Pandemic was a challenge but we all worked around it like nice people.

We are newbies and the PO :) :) were very helpful in sharing their experience and help.
We are hoping that this COVID-19 Pandemic gets wrangled to dirt and the opportunity can arise to possibly meet with them again one of these summers.
We would love to take them out on Lake Winnie, show them what we have learned so far, enjoy hearing what they have been doing, learn from them and their experiences. Again, they are GREAT People!! :) :)

Seems the classifieds are still kaputnik. :(
I fully understand the issue with wanting the non sailor community to be kept at by...Gawd knows no one needs to have "personal enhancement' and bogus 'miracle cures" for what doesn't ail anyone on the site. Get enough of that in the spam filter as it is...... :x

I'm just wondering if there is there a potential work around possible like to maybe just just a Subject line "Temporary Classified Ads for MacGregor & Tattoo Sailors"? This would be limited to actual members and any undesired postings could be deleted by the forum manager.... :)

That way members of of the forum could could possibly put out what they have to offer and it would exclude the riffraff issue while a better solution is worked out .... maybe?

Just thinking......

8) 8)

Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Russ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm

Classifieds are back online. Hopefully with anti-spam measures to keep out the bots.

Thanks for your patience.
--Russ

NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:20 pm

Thank you, Russ.
Ray ~~_/)~~

OverEasy
First Officer

Post by OverEasy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:55 pm

✨🌟💫🥳Hip-Hip-Hooray Russ!!!🥳💫🌟✨

🥳Thank You!🥳

8) 8)

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:41 am

Russ wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm
Classifieds are back online. Hopefully with anti-spam measures to keep out the bots.

How do I get into it, Russ? It’s asking for an email and PW. Do I need to sign up with different credentials than the main site?
Tom
Be seeing you . . .

Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:32 am

Tomfoolery wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:41 am
Russ wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm

How do I get into it, Russ? It’s asking for an email and PW. Do I need to sign up with different credentials than the main site?
You can browse without a login. However, to post or respond, you need to register. It's not connected to the forum login.
--Russ