Easter at the Lakes

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
Mistral
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, VIC., Australia 2005 26M "Indigo Blue" 50HP E-Tec

Easter at the Lakes

Post by Mistral »

We have rented a house on the lakes over Easter for 6 days. The whole tribe is coming down, so not sure how much sailing I'll get in, with a son who is not interested, little grand kids, a daughter who gets squeezy on the boat, etc.
BUT I'll try
Dirk
Berber Boy
First Officer
Location: Paynesville, VIC 3880 AUSTRALIA WindSong 2016 26M 75hp Etec

Re: Easter at the Lakes

Post by Berber Boy »

We have also rented a house from April 8 to 22nd. Not staying the weekend. I'll have my two grand-daughters (budding Jessica Watsons) on board. Its the Admiral who gets queasy if the wind is blowing!!! :D

Like to catch up if you come down before the 22nd Dirk.

Dave
Mistral
First Officer
Location: Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, VIC., Australia 2005 26M "Indigo Blue" 50HP E-Tec

Post by Mistral »

Hi Dave

We will be arriving late on the Thursday, 21st.

Dirk
Berber Boy
First Officer
Location: Paynesville, VIC 3880 AUSTRALIA WindSong 2016 26M 75hp Etec

Post by Berber Boy »

Thought you probably wouldn't have any extra time. We have to checkout early for those coming in and so will pull the boat out the night before. The Admiral tells me I need to work more so we can afford the increased holiday rates!!! :( I thought I was doing pretty well for being retired but it appears that its back to more consulting. Have a great holiday

Dave
Mistral
First Officer

Post by Mistral »

Would love to go earlier, but Thursday's is the day the admiral looks after the grandkids and no way will she give that up.
Relackson
Deckhand

Post by Relackson »

Hi Mistral

I've had my 26M since June last year. I have the sailing side of it pretty well worked out - the rigging, etc. I mean. I am now concentrating on setting up the cabin for living in; so I'm looking for ideas.

I'm going to Paynesville on Easter Saturday afternoon and Sunday to have a look at the Trailable Yacht Regatta to (hopefully) see some M's there.

Was wondering if it might be possible to catch up with you to have a look at your setup. I appreciate that it might not be a good time with all the crew there. No worries.

Have a great time on the Lakes.

Stan
Mistral
First Officer

Post by Mistral »

Stan,

You are more than welcome to look at the boat. Do not know the address where we are staying yet, but just look out for "Indigo Blue"