2020 B.E.E.R. Cruise - June 5 through June 9th

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
hart
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Foley, AL 2001 26X "Wind Song" 50 hp Mercury Classic MMSI/DSC: 338081191

2020 B.E.E.R. Cruise - June 5 through June 9th

Post by hart »

https://www.beercruise.info/

The 19th annual 2020 B.E.E.R. Cruise will take place from June 5th thru June 9.

The plans are Friday night to be the skippers meeting with a skippers dinner provided by the Pensacola Shipyard. Saturday we sail out for three days of fun and excitement. Check the details page for the full scoop.

BEER has a kid, crew, boat and pet-friendly open door policy for all 2 and 4 legged attendees and we don't discriminate on the basis of gender, race, national or planetary origin, religion, politics / sexual, boat or beer preference/animal breed. We even let Catalina owners attend (LOL! A little bit of humor).
As in the past, this is not a sanctioned event, each skipper will be responsible for his or her own vessel and crew. There is no cost involved in joining this group during this event. The only cost you might incur will be the marina cost and the cost of the cookout on Friday night if you wish to participate.

If anyone wishes to get on the Skippers List, just click here and fill out the form: https://www.beercruise.info/jon-us.html?form=1

We hope to see a lot of the regulars as well as A LOT of new faces!
Default User
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Re: 2020 B.E.E.R. Cruise - June 5 through June 9th

Post by Default User »

10 years ago, I went to BEER cruise, largely based on Hart's reply to my inquiry on this Forum. I'm sure glad I went. See ya there in a month!!!!

Dave
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

If I lived closer, I’d be there. But it’s just too far from here, and I still work, so spending more time traveling than sailing just won’t cut it for me I’m afraid.

Hopefully there will be some play-by-play on this forum, Including at least twenty-seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles, and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was. I rather like living vicariously. :wink:
Tom
Be seeing you . . .
Maraquita
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26D

Post by Maraquita »

Tomfoolery, you are showing your age with that quote! You won't have to be working to much longer!
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Russ »

Tomfoolery wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:43 am Including at least twenty-seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles, and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was. :wink:
to be used as evidence against us?
--Russ
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

Maraquita wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:32 pm Tomfoolery, you are showing your age with that quote! You won't have to be working to much longer!
I wish. We've got to start paring down some costly 'lifestyle' choices though, in anticipation of that eventuality. Too much house, especially.
Russ wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:01 pm to be used as evidence against us?
The internet never forgets, even though I will (about 5 minutes after the fact). :o

But I still want to see what I'm missing, even if I'm not a willing accomplice. :cry:
Tom
Be seeing you . . .
1st Sail
Captain

Post by 1st Sail »

On behalf of all the 'Quarantined' members here: We expect daily Youtube postings so we may continue with our cyber sailing. Please help us we are trapped!
:macm:
Jimmyt
Admiral

Post by Jimmyt »

Pretty sure Cristobol shut down the event. There may have been a few people to show up and bar crawl, but sailing would have been intense. I didn't even consider it. We are about 60 miles closer, but it didn't seem to matter. Outer bands spun up tornadoes as far away as Orlando. It blew 25-35 here virtually steady for a couple of days with periodic HEAVY downpours. South winds pushed the water up causing flooding and property damage even after it made landfall.

Of course, it's been pretty the last couple of days. I haven't driven down to the ramp to check damage yet, but I'm pretty sure they had several feet of extra water... haven't heard how bad Pensacola had it.
Jimmyt
P-Cub-Boo
2013 26M, Etec 60, roller Genoa, roller main
Cruising Waters: Mobile Bay, Western Shore, Fowl River