Thanks to the Members....

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Thanks to the Members....

Post by kmclemore »

I want to personally thank all of our members for keeping this forum all about boats and not letting it get dragged into a political morass.

In the past we admins have sometimes had to jail threads, 'instruct' members on proper behaviour or generally play 'bad guy' to anyone with an axe to grind. It wasn't fun.

This year I have seen hardly anything to even raise an eyebrow since you've all stayed focused on helping each other with their boats, which is exactly why this forum exists.

Regardless of how things turn out tomorrow (or whenever it's concluded), I know you'll all continue to keep this about boats, adventures and camaraderie, as it should be.

And for that, you have my personal thanks to each of you for keeping this the friendliest boating board on the 'net!

Cheers,
Kevin McLemore
Hamin' X
Site Admin
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Re: Thanks to the Members....

Post by Hamin' X »

+1
~Rich---Hamin' X---N7ZH~
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Russ »

Agreed. I bought my Mac before ever stepping foot on one because of this forum and the great information the members provided. The knowledge the members have shared here has saved me money, grown my toolbox and given me so many great ideas. It is the friendliest forum on the web.

But it must be also stated that the Mods on this forum are the absolute best! Their work often goes unnoticed and unappreciated.
--Russ
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Well said Kevin.
Ray ~~_/)~~
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

I work in Big Construction, primarily in Big Cities. There's enough animosity behind the scenes to keep anyone who lives for conflict happy. I come here, and a couple of select other places, to get away from all that, among other reasons. :D

Come to think of it, sailing is (for me) a solo pastime, as are my other hobbies. That probably says something. :|

But this place is nice and peaceful. Juuuust the way I like it. 8) :wink:
Tom
Be seeing you . . .
opie
Captain

Post by opie »

You're welcome. In other words, "ditto."
: - )
chipveres
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 22

Post by chipveres »

You are very welcome, besides being right.

Chip
s/v Sand Dollar
Jimmyt
Admiral

Post by Jimmyt »

Thanks to Russ and the Moderators for having this great forum. It's a joy to be able to participate in it. Thanks for not tossing me out Kevin!
Jimmyt
P-Cub-Boo
2013 26M, Etec 60, roller Genoa, roller main
Cruising Waters: Mobile Bay, Western Shore, Fowl River
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

Jimmyt wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:57 pm Thanks to Russ and the Moderators for having this great forum. It's a joy to be able to participate in it. Thanks for not tossing me out Kevin!
Haha! You're welcome, Jimmy! :D

And thank you to everyone for your kind words for the moderators and owner of this forum.

We'll keep the light on for ya.
Starscream
Admiral

Post by Starscream »

Hey moderators, any thought to reaching out to some of the MIA regulars? I'm thinking about people like bilgemaster, sumner, Quebec1 (he just posted on the Facebook page), miss ollie and the like. I haven't heard a peep from Sumner in a long time and I hope he's all right. Maybe a poke through email?

I always insert links to this site in the macgregor Facebook group to try to generate traffic here.

That Facebook site went ballistic once when someone mentioned Gretta. And there are some people there who seem to like to mix it up, so you have to be careful. So much better here.
kmclemore
Site Admin

Post by kmclemore »

Starscream wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:54 pm Hey moderators, any thought to reaching out to some of the MIA regulars? I'm thinking about people like bilgemaster, sumner, Quebec1 (he just posted on the Facebook page), miss ollie and the like. I haven't heard a peep from Sumner in a long time and I hope he's all right. Maybe a poke through email?
Well, we do this admin job in our spare time, so we really haven't had a lot of time to do personal re-invite emails, but hey, how about if the members email them? I would think it would be even more meaningful to be invited back by a member and comrade than an admin!

You can email any member by accessing their profile, and you can look up any profile by clicking "Quick links" at the top of this page and then selecting "Members". You can sort the columns on the page by clicking on the header of each column... so you can sort by "Last Active" for example.

Once the profile is found, open it up by clicking on their name (here's mine, for example) and then clicking the "send email to..." link.

If every member chose one of their long-lost buds to contact that would be a heck of a lot of contacted members!
Jimmyt
Admiral

Post by Jimmyt »

Starscream wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:54 pm Hey moderators, any thought to reaching out to some of the MIA regulars? I'm thinking about people like bilgemaster, sumner, Quebec1 (he just posted on the Facebook page), miss ollie and the like. I haven't heard a peep from Sumner in a long time and I hope he's all right. Maybe a poke through email?

I always insert links to this site in the macgregor Facebook group to try to generate traffic here.

That Facebook site went ballistic once when someone mentioned Gretta. And there are some people there who seem to like to mix it up, so you have to be careful. So much better here.
Don't recall hearing from Sumner, but Gazman (Miss Ollie) has posted recently (briefly).
Jimmyt
P-Cub-Boo
2013 26M, Etec 60, roller Genoa, roller main
Cruising Waters: Mobile Bay, Western Shore, Fowl River
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

kmclemore wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:46 pm how about if the members email them? I would think it would be even more meaningful to be invited back by a member and comrade than an admin!
This is a good idea. A year ago we send out an email blast to all members announcing the relaunch. However, those tend to come off as spam and annoy people.

Some of the veteran members have shared so much valuable information.
--Russ
Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26D

Post by Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL »

Thanks Kevin, and all of the other members.
Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL
BOAT
Admiral

Post by BOAT »

I have a political question,

What do you guys use for an anchor light?