Is the classified section closed?

Post by WD »

notice is that page is not working...

https://macgregorsailors.com/classifieds/

Cheers, Bill
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Is the classified section closed?

Post by NiceAft »

I checked it out, and saw a blank page.

Powers that be are working on it.

Thanks for letting us know.
Ray ~~_/)~~
WD
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by WD »

Embarrassed to be honest, intention was purely selfish! But definitely bless the powers that be! :D

Cheers
Inquisitor
Captain

Post by Inquisitor »

WD wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:15 pm Embarrassed to be honest, intention was purely selfish! But definitely bless the powers that be! :D

Cheers
Maybe you need to put in for a Top Clearance level classification. Are your paper's in order... are you ready for a polygraph? :D :D Ignore me.
Odysseus, expert on the Siren's call
WD
Engineer

Post by WD »

Trying desperately to stay under the radar! 8)
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

WD wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:15 pm Embarrassed to be honest, intention was purely selfish! But definitely bless the powers that be! :D

Cheers
Classifieds are important to the site.

The moderators can’t be everywhere, so again, thanks for doing your part.
Ray ~~_/)~~
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

OK, here is what’s going on.

Russ said that the classifieds has “been getting a zillion spams from fake people registering. ” he had to shut it down. He is doing his best to rectify.

Apologies to any who are being inconvenienced.
Ray ~~_/)~~
WD
Engineer

Post by WD »

Gawd, you'd think anyone on the planet would have something better to do than spam a classified listing page on some sailboat forum!!!

Those humans have my sympathy(and we know where that is situated in the dictionary).

Good luck Russ.
Inquisitor
Captain

Post by Inquisitor »

WD wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:43 am Gawd, you'd think anyone on the planet would have something better to do than spam a classified listing page on some sailboat forum!!!

Those humans have my sympathy(and we know where that is situated in the dictionary).

Good luck Russ.
Chances are... its like a Robo Caller. Its probably a program that searches the internet for forms (not forums) that will accept links and emails as input... then it'll load it up with ED solutions. :D Then again... it might be some low paying job in China or India and deserve our sympathy.
Odysseus, expert on the Siren's call
OverEasy
Admiral

Post by OverEasy »

Okay....... So where do I let people know I have a pair of serviceable 9 gallon Moeller(Tempo) fuel tanks for sale near Beaufort SC?

😎😎
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

I think you just did :D

Ordinarly, selling anything outside of the classified's is verboten. Russ is working on the solution.

This is more of an annoyance to him, than to any of us, combined.
Ray ~~_/)~~
WD
Engineer

Post by WD »

Any news on how Russ is making out?, should we hang tight and expect it back?

Cheers, Bill
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

Hanging tight is all we have at this point.

What is it that you are looking for, or, looking to sell :?:
Ray ~~_/)~~
WD
Engineer

Post by WD »

Hi Ray,

Well we are prairie folks retiring to the BC coastline and we are interested in purchasing a boat. I've wanted one for years but this is the first time it has actually made sense for us.

I have been on again off again on trailer sailors and recently thinking about a Catalina 36 but i know very little about where a person can keep a boat if they move to the coast because there is always such a waiting list for a slip at a marina. It really begs the question what people who are moving there who already have a boat do with it? Anchorages? Bouy's for anchorage? on an anchor...?

Anyway it always brings me back to the Mac. I have been a member here quite awhile now and have read a bunch about the boat/mods/adventures etc so am fairly familiar and i am pretty sure if i bought one my preference would be a 2001 or newer 26X(i do not want an M because of the dagger board and i also prefer the layout of the X better. The boat i want is Bill's with the 140 on it :D :D :D

So we're looking alot more seriously than before, although i have to admit if i could figure out how to "park" a Catalina 36 that it would be my first choice.

Actually the other boat i'd like is Dwayne Dunn's but he is nowhere to be found on the forum these days it seems. He did one heck of a job with that boat! :)

Cheers, Bill
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

First off Bill,

You just put out there, what you’re interested in.

You might just want to prepare yourself to having to tow your new :macx: a distance to get it home.

While out there on the prairie, you may just want to find some sailing magazines. Peruse the boat for sail sections. Occasionally a Mac shows up. I didn’t try this, but do a search for “MacGregor 26X For Sail”. You might get lucky.

Just for the heck of it, try searching “MacGregor sailboats for sale near me".”
Ray ~~_/)~~