Scarcity of Australian posts

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Scarcity of Australian posts

Post by NiceAft »

When it’s cold here in the northeast U.S., that’s when posts from down under supply the sailing adventures that help pass the time while our Mac’s sit under tarps.

The last Australian posting was in January, and that was just to say they were successful in acquiring a Mac; the previous post were in October.

This is a non political inquiry. Not interested in views on COVID protocols here or there (they will be deleted), just where are our Australian mates.
Ray ~~_/)~~
Be Free
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Scarcity of Australian posts

Post by Be Free »

Maybe they are all out sailing.... :wink:
Bill
2001 26X Simple Interest
Honda BF40D
"If I were in a hurry I would not have bought a sailboat." Me
Sea Shadow
Chief Steward

Post by Sea Shadow »

t suppose some may have been like myself, COVID restrictions have curtailed activities. Down south here it is nearing or at the end of the season. Mind you now up north are having issue with unprecedented rain and floods/
:macm: Extraordinary times expose (extra)ordinary people.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Sea Shadow,

It’s good to see a response.

I just happened to notice that there was a void in communications from anyone in OZ. I’m going to guess that most on this forum are like myself, not aware of what you in Australia are up against.

Here’s to hoping that next year you can make up for lost time on the water.
Ray ~~_/)~~
Sea Shadow
Chief Steward

Post by Sea Shadow »

My plan is is to start getting the boat ready now and hopefully get an early start around August into the better weather. Luckily we don't have the winters you have, they are a bit milder, and I can potter around getting things done. Have a new steering to fit and a set of rudders both courtesy of Blue Water Yachts.
:macm: Extraordinary times expose (extra)ordinary people.
Lucky Drifter
Chief Steward

Post by Lucky Drifter »

The weather gods certainly have not been kind us first we had the fires,we had our 26X on the mooring just in case we needed somewhere to evacuvate to. Since then we have had 12 floods that have brought all the burnt logs down the river to form a massive log jam in our little bay. The logs are finally starting to clear so we have been getting ready to get back on the water as soon as we can get a new engine. Bloody covid has made all our supply chains fail we now have a six month waiting list for outboards, so the circus continues. Sounds bad for your west coast people we keep seeing stories on all your dams drying out, hope you get some rain soon.
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

:D :D :D
Be Free wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:46 am Maybe they are all out sailing.... :wink: