Ixneigh - Watch Your Back

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
PSNA
Engineer
Sailboat: Other

Ixneigh - Watch Your Back

Post by PSNA »

Please be careful. You are poking a sleepy bear.

I was banned for life. Nothing good happens there and it just isn't worth it.
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Ixneigh - Watch Your Back

Post by Russ »

Where? SA?
--Russ
PSNA
Engineer

Post by PSNA »

Yes.
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

Ix seems to hold his own over there. I give him credit for going down to that level. Getting banned is probably a good thing.
--Russ
PSNA
Engineer

Post by PSNA »

SA was sold this year.

I have known the former owner for over 20 years and have sailed with him and his son. I also know who the new owner is and find it fascinating they are hiding it both legally and publicly. If the folks that frequent the site knew who it was, they would leave in droves.

I was not banned for posting comments. Scot, the original owner, would never have given me the flick. The new owner? There are some ugly skeletons in that closet. Like most things, it's all about the Benjamins.

Sailing has died an ugly death. The downward spiral began in the 1980s and really picked up steam from 1997 to 2017.

Sailboats represent just 2% of the total registered pleasure boats today. There are now less than 90,000 sailboats registered in the U.S. A stunning number.

I have always thought about writing a book about different sectors of the industry. One chapter would be about Roger MacGregor. I was introduced to him through a dearly departed friend at Doyle sails.

Roger and I have had some knockdown brawls over the years. Roger has a horrible temper. I recall one argument when he screamed that I was "busting his "f__king spleen" and proceeded to throw a lunch item my way. Some of the things that took place at the factory were epic. One of the best was when a Mac 65 hull got stuck in the mold. It did not end well.

Writing the book would be an exercise in futility as there is no one left to read it.
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

PSNA wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:00 am SA was sold this year.

I have known the former owner for over 20 years and have sailed with him and his son. I also know who the new owner is and find it fascinating they are hiding it both legally and publicly. If the folks that frequent the site knew who it was, they would leave in droves.

I was not banned for posting comments. Scot, the original owner, would never have given me the flick. The new owner? There are some ugly skeletons in that closet. Like most things, it's all about the Benjamins.

Sailing has died an ugly death. The downward spiral began in the 1980s and really picked up steam from 1997 to 2017.

Sailboats represent just 2% of the total registered pleasure boats today. There are now less than 90,000 sailboats registered in the U.S. A stunning number.

I have always thought about writing a book about different sectors of the industry. One chapter would be about Roger MacGregor. I was introduced to him through a dearly departed friend at Doyle sails.

Roger and I have had some knockdown brawls over the years. Roger has a horrible temper. I recall one argument when he screamed that I was "busting his "f__king spleen" and proceeded to throw a lunch item my way. Some of the things that took place at the factory were epic. One of the best was when a Mac 65 hull got stuck in the mold. It did not end well.

Writing the book would be an exercise in futility as there is no one left to read it.
Am I too assume that's the Mac65 hull that ended up displayed on top of the factory roof building
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... x96BAhSEAM

Well that was very interesting reading , Please pass me the ketchup & mustard or was it the whole sandwich flying on a paper plate to b defined later as the "great frizbee lunch" open mouth debate who got the free T-shirt :o
J :cry:
No Pun Intended !
PSNA
Engineer

Post by PSNA »

May I assume this is some sort of passive aggression?

Reads like a large Olive Garden bowl of word salad.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

No personal attacks. :( Please be more careful.
Ray ~~_/)~~
OverEasy
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by OverEasy »

Hi PSNA

Don’t give up on the book…there are still a sufficient number of those of us who remember how to read and turn pages! :D :D

One of the ways to rekindle interest is to provide knowledge of how it was done in the “olde” days.
There is a growing resurgence in the younger set to do things for themselves and experience things of value … they are not all playing video games on a couch. Many are opting for a creative and doing life rather than the false premise of a corporate ladder that dumps one off on the curb with little to no warning. You never know, you just might inspire the next better, smarter, kinder, capable younger replacement of Rodger who invigorates a new cadre of sailor captains to take to the waves.

Just look at how many of the sailing YouTubers are only in their late 20s to 30s… a prime time that often sets the course for lifetimes.
The world is on the cusp of changing (as evidenced by the old has beens desperately attempting an inevitable loosing battle to cling to power)… The younger crowd see right through and on to something better and more fulfilling for their own lives and those around them… their smart enough and capable enough just to blithely side step around the road blocks all the while outwardly seemingly disinterested… the know there is more to life than just what once was…

There is an inevitable changing of the guard toward renewables and ecologically responsible lifestyles …. Help give them an idea of the potential ups and downs of an industry that we currently enjoy 😉 ….

LIKE anything in life the interests build peak ebb and wane only to be rekindled a new by those with a slightly different take on things.
Just like stock car and drag racing have seriously dropped off as well as boxing and wrestling which have a much smaller per capita fan base than ever… yet there is a wholesale resurgence of people out and about hiking and camping and climbing and wandering to see what’s out around the next bend. These are smart capable creative adventurous people who actually care about what their lives are and those of their children and these are inevitably becoming the majority.

Something of a bit of advice I’ve always found to be true and of benefit personally, educationally, emotionally and professionally is to recognize and embrace change sooner rather than later… especially when it comes to generational shifts such as what’s coming.

Go ahead, write the book!
Pass on the histories before they are lost.
Give the future a chance to see what once was so they can create a new and better future.

I’ll buy a copy at the very least!

Best Regards
Over Easy 😎😎🐩🐈