Macgregors of Masonboro and Wilmington (NC) - (MOMAW)

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Erik Hardtle
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Macgregors of Masonboro and Wilmington (NC) - (MOMAW)

Post by Erik Hardtle »

Hey Great... it is not too late... just call the Dock master (910) 520-6875. I just made the reservations yesterday... (the dockmaster is off on Mon & Tues)
pmcco
Deckhand

Post by pmcco »

looks like Lorrie and i will be going. i am taking the boat to Jordan tomorrow to check out the motor one last time after having it in the shop for over a mouth. we will be replacing the thing at some time. i have a dr. appointment Friday morning but hope to leave soon after.
Patrick
cptron
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Hattiesburg MS. "Storm Walker" 2011 26m with ETech 60

Post by cptron »

Glad to have you aboard Victrola. Thats the same place I bought my Mac. They are a good group to work with and if you have any problems they will bend over backwards to help out.
Ron
C Striker
First Officer

Post by C Striker »

Gee this string is way down there.

The Admiral and I hope to be hitting the water this Saturday evening. Also are hoping the hurricaine makes a turn east, but not after kicking up some gold dablooms onto masonboro... YAR! All we care about is the boat has spent a full year in the yard.

Striker
cptron
Captain

Post by cptron »

Sea Striker,
Where ya putin in at. The admiral and I might join if other plans fail.
cptron
C Striker
First Officer

Post by C Striker »

We put in at Wrightsville beach public ramp and duck onder the drawbridge southbound.. Hang the first left and you will go past where we sometimes overnight, right in front of sea path marina entrance. We will also spend some time in the cove at Masonboro island. Banks channel & the intercoastal south will be our only sailing options with the big ole waves from the "you know what" maybe keeping us out of the big blue. Hope to run into younz, well keep our eyes peeled.

Erik
cptron
Captain

Post by cptron »

We usually put in at Southport but also like the Wrightsville Beach area. We will keep an eye out for you also.
Ron
C Striker
First Officer

Post by C Striker »

The admiral needs an extra day. We'll be putting in Sunday 5-6 PM and most likely headed straight to masonboro to chill and set up rigging and living quarters. Other than the waves and riptides, the weather will be perfect all week YEAH :P

We plan on staying no later than Friday evening. We are so used to summer holiday hordes, this is gonna be a real treat. I'll have to make a trash sculpture for missing friends.

Erik (n Sylvia)
opie
Captain

Post by opie »

<grin>
Replying to a 9 year old stale thread may be greeted with raised eyebrows by others, but so be it.
My nostalgia for the "old days" is so strong this morning. I still go to Masonboro Island every few weeks but I haven't seen another Mac in years.
Such a beautiful place.
If anyone is still going there, let the rest of us hear a story or two. I suppose we won't be getting together closely for quite a while, but I can dream, right?
Fond memories,
Opie
SENCMac26x
First Officer

Post by SENCMac26x »

There are 2 of us in Carolina Beach, and I've seen a few more around.

My buddy and I both have 2002 Mac 26X's

I had been travelling for work the past 2 years and that finally died down Feb this year.

I was planning to catch up my sailing this year and then...... 2020 happened.

But yeah, I miss the trips up the river to downtown Wilmington, or to Masonboro with Erik, Ron and Cindy, Billie and Vic.

We need to get that started again.
opie
Captain

Post by opie »

Hi Momaw sailors.
I will have the SV Marin in the water July 26 to August 8th. I have out-of-town guests and can not predict where I'll be or when, but if I see anyone out there, say hey.
I normally anchor out around Wrightsville Beach,
and dingy out to car for my house to sleep at night, but I occasionally sleep out on the boat. I also plan to do overnight trips to friend's docks at Oak Island and Ocean Isle one night each. And maybe a lunch at famous seafood heaven, Calabash, where they have a guest dock.
Fair seas.
Opie
(PS - My favorite sail is out of the Masonboro rock jetty in the am to the 5 mile buoy on the off-shore wind and then becalm at noon and then return with the on-shore wind in pm.)
opie
Captain

Post by opie »

I got a clear call from the sailing gods about the subject of delayed maintenance. Instead of two weeks of family fun on the Mac, I now have two weeks of repairs instead. More details in repair forum.
Opie