Macgregors of Masonboro and Wilmington (NC) - (MOMAW)

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Erik Hardtle
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Macgregors of Masonboro and Wilmington (NC) - (MOMAW)

Post by Erik Hardtle »

DEFINATELY ON!

I updated the Scallywag post.

I made changes like you all suggested of going out Carolina Beach Inlet and heading up to upper Masonboro Island, and Dinner at Fat Tony's.

Any chance one of you locals can come down to the launch and help us out of the Carolina Beach Inlet?
C Striker
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by C Striker »

If I'm able to make it, I won't be dipping until Friday night. I've never been out of Cb inlet, save the trial sail before comitting to buy. I've been out through there on deep sea fishing boats, once in 10 ft seas with swells due to bad weather. (I get paid once a year to go fishing or would have skipped the pukefest) The captain hollared over the pa "everyone hold onto something sturdy" and then gunned it!

EriKKKKK - the Viking spelling, and looks so much better in print to boot!
C Striker
First Officer

Post by C Striker »

Our tentative plan is to dip Sat evening ( the last one in June ) at Wrightsville. the Admiral will be joining me late Sat after work, and leaving me solo sometime Monday. I plan to stick around for the holiday, maybe coming out Thursday or Friday. Time will tell.

I'll be out there for you straggling scallywaggers for a few days for sure 8)
victrola

Post by victrola »

Hi Folks - Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I have a MacGregor 26M on order from Super Sport Marine in Kearney, NE. She should arrive by the end of June. I plan to dock her at Otter Creek at Carolina Beach and I'm going to look at a slip there tomorrow. Her name will be Laruan so if you see me on the water, feel free to say hello.

Any words of wisdom for a new MacGregor owner who plans to sail the Cape Fear, ICW, and ocean around the local inlets? I'm not new to sailing as I started doing that at age 10 but this is the largest boat I've owned. Thanks!

Buck Winslow
opie
Captain

Post by opie »

Cap'n Buck,
Welcome.
Gollybonkers but you could get wet with the Scallywag trip (see the main event forum for details HERE starting June 29th and/or else get wet with Erik S and maybe me the following week. Happy Sailing.....
Opie
C Striker
First Officer

Post by C Striker »

Yeap, what Opie said! Good to see you aren't getting your boat from the same dealer I got mine from. Like I said in yahoo, 2 weeks ended up being 2 months for me. So don't let me stress you out over it. And get all caught up on the honeydo list, cuz summer is upon us!

Erik
victrola

Post by victrola »

Thanks, guys. I hope to join the Scallywag group but I'm not sure exactly when my delivery will be yet. They are bringing her out from Nebraska behind a truck on her trailer and giving me an instructional maiden voyage. She should be here soon though, because when I talked to the dealer on Thursday morning, they were just waiting for the bottom paint to cure and for the bimini top to arrive. If I don't see you guys on the water for the Scallywag Sail, I will see you soon after that. I plan to take a week off from work when she arrives to "get acquainted" with my new mail order bride. ;-)

Buck :macm:
Myrtlegovewannabe
Sailboat: Venture 23

Post by Myrtlegovewannabe »

Good Afternoon,

My wife and I live in Wilmington are looking to purchase a used Macgregor 26X or M.

I've been around fishing boats most of my life and have sailed smaller boats (sunfish, catamarans) but have never set foot on a pocket cruiser before, much less a hybrid like this.

I've been doing a LOT of research and decided on the MacGregor over the Hunter Edge, but reading about it can only give you a certain amount of information.

I was hoping I could find an owner in the Wilmington, NC area who I can go out with one day this summer. I'd like to get a seasoned sailor to show me the boat in action as well as how's it setup and broken down. My wife and I won't make sure it's definitely what we want in a family boat. (2 small kids)

I'm willing to buy lunch and chip in for gas (if necessary) and can help clean up afterwards!

If you're interested in a swabby for a day, please contact me via this forum or email me at [email protected]
 ! Moderator Note:
No email addresses allowed in posting from the regular members. Use the PM, or Email icons to the right.

~Rich---Hamin' X~
Last edited by Hamin' X on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted email addy
C Striker
First Officer

Post by C Striker »

It would be my pleasure. I am an expert in set up, but not so much as a sailor. You never know, you may end up buying mine. Maybe you can put it to good use. Its quite disheartening to see it every day but only get it on the water twice a year. I am without a doubt an all or nothing type person. I'll be off the week of July 4th. I live in Leland if you want to come check it out sometime, an 09 M. This Saturday I will be scraping barnickles off other folks toys all day long as a favor to my brother.
If my wife should happen to read this, I may be living onboard in the backyard :o

Erik Striker
Myrtlegovewannabe

I wish I could drop by this weekend but my wife and I are finishing up our NAUI certification. I'll PM you, but I definitely would like to go on the water with you. A Random weekday during the week of the 4th would be great.
C Striker
First Officer

Post by C Striker »

My wife says I need a credit report, criminal background check, previous employers, previous addresses... etc. Since you are married, hopefully you can understand my apologies. Seems everyone is a pirate, depending on the make-up of your fun parts. If you don't understand now, just wait till you are on the water in your own boat... you will.

again, sorry.

Erik
Myrtlegovewannabe

I'm sorry to hear that. If you change your mind and need something (reasonable, sorry credit report out of the question) to calm your wife's fears let me know. I'm currently looking at a 26x in Supply, hopefully it will work out.
cptron
Captain
Location: Hattiesburg MS. "Storm Walker" 2011 26m with ETech 60

Post by cptron »

I was hoping I could find an owner in the Wilmington, NC area who I can go out with one day this summer. I'd like to get a seasoned sailor to show me the boat in action as well as how's it setup and broken down. My wife and I won't make sure it's definitely what we want in a family boat. (2 small kids)

I'm willing to buy lunch and chip in for gas (if necessary) and can help clean up afterwards!

If you're interested in a swabby for a day, please contact me via this forum or email me at [email protected][/quote]

My wife and I live in Rose Hill and have our Mac 26M at a mast up storage behind Southport Marina. If you would like to come and see what she can do then I will be there Off and On this weekend. My wife won't be with me but we could take her out. If you would feel more comfortable having my wife with us then we would have to wait for the next weekend. We will be attending the scallywag sail and you could meet us at the Snows cut ramp. If not then there should be plenty of others there that could help you out.
Ron
Last edited by Hamin' X on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted email addy
Erik Hardtle
First Officer

Post by Erik Hardtle »

You are welcome to come to New Bern... I have a 1999 Mac X. I take it out almost every weekend. Click on the world icon under my Avatar to check out my website. I keep a ships log there with pictures. It also has the Sales video and Brochure for the X model on it.
victrola

Post by victrola »

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum . . . Or whatever your favorite poison may be. Looks like my buddy and I will be able to join you guys after all. Anticipating delivery of the 'Laruan' with trial voyage scheduled for Wednesday. We will be docked in the Carolina Beach harbor on Friday so we will join y'all in snows cut. Erik, is it too late to reserve us a slip for the night in Wilmington with the group? Any questions or comments please feel free to pm me.