Tattoo Yachts

Heath
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Tattoo Yachts

Post by Heath »

Hi everybody!

It's time to start some discussion of the new Tattoo Yachts which are now in production. As interest in these new sailboats grows, I'll expand the forums as it seems logical to do.

Happy New Year!

Heath
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Re: Tattoo Yachts

Post by kmclemore »

Heath wrote:Hi everybody!

It's time to start some discussion of the new Tattoo Yachts which are now in production. As interest in these new sailboats grows, I'll expand the forums as it seems logical to do.

Happy New Year!

Heath
 ! kmclemore:
Great! Thanks, Heath!

This is a test of the moderator capabilities.

Yep, it works!
Heath
Site Admin

Post by Heath »

Please note that I've added some new smiley tags: :tat: :tat22: :tat26:. I've also updated the user profile fields to include interest in Tattoo sailboats.

Heath
Heath
Site Admin

Post by Heath »

And I've added some new avatars, courtesy of Kevin.

H
K9Kampers
Admiral

Post by K9Kampers »

Chase away the summertime blue,
With fun in the sun for one or two,
You can cruise by motor, gybe or tack,
With an trusty old Mac,
Or get yerself a new Tattoo!
8)
mastreb
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by mastreb »

K9Kampers wrote:Chase away the summertime blue,
With fun in the sun for one or two,
You can cruise by motor, gybe or tack,
With an trusty old Mac,
Or get yerself a new Tattoo!
8)
The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Oy vey :(
Divecoz
Admiral
Location: PORT CHARLOTTE FLORIDA 05 M Mercury 50 H.P. Big Foot Bill at Boats 4 Sail is my Hero

Post by Divecoz »

I am sorry if I burst too many party balloons here, but its been almost a year and as much as I hate to go on record as a naysayer.. this dog will never hunt..
These boats for all practical purposes dont exist.. Potential dealerships are down to what 3, after having dealership numbers exceed 30.
No One....TTBOMK is doing ANY of the Spring Boat or Sail shows.. Do any of these 3 dealers even have any boats to sell ?? :|
mastreb
Admiral

Post by mastreb »

Here's why this dog will hunt:

1) A few examples are known to exist.

2) There's a bit of family money behind this, so I'm guessing at least a few dozen will be built.

3) A few dozen, in terms of sailboats, is a successful type.

And beyond that, Good luck Laura!
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

I think it's too soon to say, Divecoz. I do know they are attending many of the shows - I visited with them in Annapolis and they had a nice T-26 there with lots of visitors and interested folks stopping buy (on a LOUSY rainy day!), and I know that they have distributed new T-26's to several continents for showing. They are also moving to a larger facility in FL - the original one was too small for their level of production - so that should tell you something.
mrron_tx
First Officer

Post by mrron_tx »

I had a Friend of Mine from Fla. Tell Me He saw a"boat like Yours" named Tattoo. He thought it was amusing because the shirtless man at the helm had no tattoos. So.... Maybe He saw one???? I too wish Them the best of luck :) Ron. :macm: Dauntless.
Divecoz
Admiral
Location: PORT CHARLOTTE FLORIDA 05 M Mercury 50 H.P. Big Foot Bill at Boats 4 Sail is my Hero

Post by Divecoz »

I Wish Them All The Best..
Maybe I have jumped too soon with my assumption.. But , I am surprised they are Not at, The 2014 Miami or Chicago Shows.. The Midwest is a huge sales area, or was for the Macgregor's .. I am also No Less than Disappointed they are not registered to be at Charlotte County Boat Show this weekend either ..that's just a few hours away from Stuart Fla. There are No Less Than 30 or 40 Macs within an hour of my house here in Port Charlotte Fla. .. I see 5 Mac's almost everyday when we ride our bicycles.... We live in SWF on the water. Over 200 miles of connecting , salt water canals , that then all connect to Charlotte Harbor , which goes South to Sanibel and North To Venice and beyond. and then to the Gulf of Mexico and All Points Anywhere.. :) So I am no less than Surprised they are not being seen here at The Florida Shows.
This Area is, IMHO , The Trailer Sailor Mecca.. and when you add to the mix a High Speed Power Sailor and 1000's and 1000's of Young Snowbirds... and an obvious large collection of Macs already in the area?? But Again I wish them The Best..
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

Divecoz wrote: I am surprised they are Not at, The 2014 Miami or Chicago Shows
Blue Water Yachts has 3 in stock and is attending the Seattle Boat show. I'm not sure how many boat shows MacGregor attended directly. Wasn't it mostly dealers? Why attend a boat show if you aren't a dealer prepared to sell someone a boat? Most boat shows I've attended, local dealers wanted to get a deposit on the spot for a boat. You know, the "boat show special". No dealers in FL or Chicago area, no boat show presence.

The number of dealers may have shrunk, but so did the economy and boat sales in general. This is essentially a brand new company with an existing hull mold. More dealers will come online and we'll see this grow again. All the factors that made the Mac so appealing haven't gone away and nothing has come to seriously compete. I have high expectations for the Tattoo. I also feel with Laura driving it, the product will be even better. At least that's what I've seen from first reports of the new boat.

--Russ
Divecoz
Admiral

Post by Divecoz »

I agree Roger seldom to never showed, at shows, it was always dealers.. That said, the market was strong and dealers were evident in most the major markets.
The Economy.. Be it as it is everywhere.. We are BOOMING of a sort down here. Lots of baby boomers who , for whatever reason had held off coming down are now arriving every single day $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Keep SW Florida Green Bring MONEY! Soooo Saltwater Sailboat Canal Homes are now Very Much at a Premium. There are So few now available, in the most popular price range, ( $200K - $350K ) for Baby Boomer Retirees , that 5 new sailboat homes are being built within a bicycle ride of our home.
Weather this weekend for the Charlotte County Show will be Sunny and, a bit cool for here .. Mid 60's.. But we are going and we already have a :macm: and a 24' Seaswirl Striker W/A.. But Ya Never Know :D
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

Sounds like a great opportunity to open a Tattoo dealer in SW Florida.