Swim Platform / Rear Deck from Perth Australia - Mfg Contact Info

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Swim Platform / Rear Deck from Perth Australia - Mfg Contact Info

Post by kmclemore »

I just saw this today on the “Macgregor 26 Owners” FB page, posted by Nathan Joyce. I’m posting it here for posterity, given we do get this question / discussion from time to time. I know nothing about this product other than what you read, but if anyone does contact the fellow, please post what you learn.

Quotes from the post:

“The guy makes them here in Perth Australia… His mobile number is +61419195899 and email is [email protected]. He would be able to post them. Installation was very simple. Less than half hour. AUD$2750

The motor comes up 30% of the way without the motor moving, then the motor lifts the board and it comes up the whole way. Very well engineered. Weight tested to over 150kg (over 300 pounds). I reckon postage would be about $150-200US by shipping.”

Cup holders are “located on the side wall near the outboard.”

kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Re: Swim Platform / Rear Deck from Perth Australia - Mfg Contact Info

Post by kmclemore »

I do wonder if member neleus who owns a white 26M, has the same platform/deck - it seems identical. I think he is located in East Perth. He posted about it over on this thread, albeit buried in a trip report thread, linked below. The photos are from that thread:

Trip report - Mandurah December 2020

Oh, and his website has a host of really interesting mods and travel information, too. Check it out.

https://eureka.westernlandscapes.com.au/articles