Bizarre Request - A parking space!

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Bizarre Request - A parking space!

Post by kmclemore »

This has nothing to do with boats, but all to do with camaraderie.

My bud and I are towing vintage sports cars to the historic races at Put In Bay, from Sept 19-22, and we are looking for a place to stash our tow cars & trailers near Sandusky, Ohio. We’d then drive our sports/racing cars on/off the ferry.

Is there anyone in that area who could offer a safe place to park?
pitchpolehobie
First Officer

Re: Bizarre Request - A parking space!

Post by pitchpolehobie »

The ferry terminal areas have large parking lots that have a gateworker. Did you call Millers and ask? They tend to be accomodating.
2002 MacGregor 26X: Remedium
Tohatsu 25HP
Cruising Area: Inland Ohio, Lake Erie
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

pitchpolehobie wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:11 pm The ferry terminal areas have large parking lots that have a gateworker. Did you call Millers and ask? They tend to be accommodating.

I didn’t check with the ferry, but we’ll need to leave them in one spot for 3 days. I’ll call and find out if they can do it.
pitchpolehobie
First Officer

Post by pitchpolehobie »

kmclemore wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:00 pm
pitchpolehobie wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:11 pm The ferry terminal areas have large parking lots that have a gateworker. Did you call Millers and ask? They tend to be accommodating.

I didn’t check with the ferry, but we’ll need to leave them in one spot for 3 days. I’ll call and find out if they can do it.
https://millerferry.com/directions/parking/
I have left cars in those lots. It was no big deal.

https://www.ci.sandusky.oh.us/departmen ... arking.php
Left boat trailer in the lot connected to a truck in the red area by battery park which is the eastern most Red area. Had no issues. Would make sure nothing left inside thats visible. I personally didnt have issues there but have heard of breakins in parking decks in Sandusky.
2002 MacGregor 26X: Remedium
Tohatsu 25HP
Cruising Area: Inland Ohio, Lake Erie
kmclemore
Site Admin

Post by kmclemore »

Thanks everyone! As it happens, I just found out from the Put in Bay folks that they will be nice enough to park our trailers and cars on the paddock with the other historic car trailers. So it looks like we have a solution! Thanks again!