Dinghy dolly and sail kit

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
LordElsinore
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Dinghy dolly and sail kit

Post by LordElsinore »

Hi all -

I made a video about a simple portable dolly I made out of PVC for my inflatable fishing boat, which also sometimes doubles as the dinghy for :macm: As You Wish :macm: . (It's not a "real" dinghy I suppose, but then there are some out there say that our Macs aren't "real" sailboats either and what do they know)

Not sure if it solves a problem for anyone else out there, but it did for me and I figured I'd share it with you in case it sparks any ideas.

Also seen briefly in the video is a portable sail kit I have for that boat - a couple of guys out there have a business selling these kits for a variety of inflatable boats like this one. I used it a lot before I got my Mac and it's still pretty fun. The existence of that sail kit is one of the reasons I bought the inflatable boat that I did.

Cheers!
Russ
Admiral

Re: Dinghy dolly and sail kit

Post by Russ »

Nice video. Very well documented.

Looks like a great use of PVC. Amazing all the things that can be solved with some PVC pipe and duct tape. :D
--Russ
Be Free
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Be Free »

That is a great idea! I've been looking for something like this to carry my kayaks up from the river and back to the house. It does not need to be street legal since I'm planning on pulling it with the lawn mower anyway. I never thought of using PVC for the frame!

Thank you!
Bill
2001 26X Simple Interest
Honda BF40D
"If I were in a hurry I would not have bought a sailboat." Me
LordElsinore
Chief Steward

Post by LordElsinore »

Be Free wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:25 am I've been looking for something like this to carry my kayaks up from the river and back to the house. It does not need to be street legal since I'm planning on pulling it with the lawn mower anyway.
Yeah, I plan to do a similar thing to allow me to tow this thing with a 4 wheeler across the street to the lake. Will probably make a second one of these (since they are so cheap), glue it all together so it doesn't come apart, and have one for 'traveling' and another that stays together for towing like this. Maybe I'll make it so that it can be used for either my kayak or this boat :)