faucet/spray nozzle

Published date: March 20, 2001
  • Boat Type: Boat Type

This is a standard spray nozzle like you find on a kitchen sink ($5 from Wal Mart). It comes standard with a 3/8 inch hose which hooked easily to the on-demand, 12v water pump I installed. The pump comes on automatically when the spray nozzle handle is depressed. It provides plenty of pressure for washing dishes or taking a shower. I have another nozzle installed in the head. The pump uses very little power. It costs about $70 from West Marine or $35 from J.C. Whitney auto supply catalog in the RV section. I bought a 15 gallon fresh-water tank from the same place. (See "water system" mods. for details on tank and pump) I have since improved the apperance by dressing up the hole with fixture flanges from the plumbing dept at Home Depot. Looks professional now. This is the best mod I made according to my wife.

Published by: coffeyd

Model Year: 2001


Useful information

  • Perform modifications at your own risk
  • Fully research modifications before performing yourself
  • All mods are listed as is with no waranty
  • This site does not make any claims about the validity or safety of modifications posted.

Related Mods

  • Bilge pump
    Bilge pump
    Water Systems - - December 1, 2019

    I installed a West Marine 2000 GPH bilge pump with 1-1/4" hose and a float switch under the cooler. I routed the hose to the transom thru-hull. It took about fourteen feet of hose. In the right of the large picture you can see the transom thru-hull j...

  • Faucet
    Water Systems - - December 1, 2019

    I highly suggest this relatively cheap modification! We added an electric faucet (small pump in-line) controlled at the faucet by a turn knob, not by a button. The button ones mean you have to hold the button down, where the knob one works just like ...

  • Water tank and deck fitting
    Water tank and deck fitting
    Water Systems - - December 1, 2019

    I replaced the starboard water tank with a better one (flexible type) which is now located below the cooler chest. The filling pipe goes below the headroom through the closet in the headroom and up on deck. You see the filling fitting on the picture....